Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea that Loftus road has a tiny pitch is often mentioned.  Actually as you state our pitch isn't that small.  It's just that the stands are so close to the pitch side that it feels smaller than it actually is.

Hello ladies and gents. Im a derby fan but due to work, money and the birth of my son ive only managed to attend 5/6 games over the past couple of seasons. My brother used to play for the academy a good few years ago along with tom huddlestone. Was planning on grabbing a ticket on saturday but unforseen bills mean ill be watching it in the local pub in stafford. Id just like to express my delight on the season in general and especially on steve maclaren. He seems to be enjoying the role with us and hes been very forthcoming and honest in his interviews. He looks like hes genuinely comfortable and content here. Not sure how hes going to chose the midfield trio nexr saturday but personally id like to see jeff, thorne and bryson start and its purely down to the fact I think we need to start really fast. Get in there faces and attack with real pace. Really looking forward to it albeit not as much as I was a few days aao. Good luck everyone going and COYR

From our point of view I think it could be won and lost with Thorne. If he can stifle their midfield and enable Bryson and Hendrick to bomb forward we've got a fantastic chance.

Not as worried about Austin. Our back two have been unbelievable since January

From our point of view I think it could be won and lost with Thorne. If he can stifle their midfield and enable Bryson and Hendrick to bomb forward we've got a fantastic chance.

Not as worried about Austin. Our back two have been unbelievable since January

i think austin will score, it just a matter of whether he will score more than we do

That assumes we will play both Hill and Dunne at the back.  We've been starting with Onuha at CB for his pace.  Hill has played left back in the last few games and has been substituted early in favour of pace in the form of Yun Suk Yun or Asso Ekoto.  I think it would be near suicide for us to play Hill and Dunne against you, but expect one or other to start.

We have got some older players but the list you quote only has Dunne, Kranjcar, Barton and Doyle that are old. Barton no matter what you think of him as a person has a superb engine on him and shows no sign of slowing down.  Kranjcar is slow a little heavy but has great touch.  Dunne is very commanding in the air but has difficulties if turned due to pace.

Yun Suk-Young's out, isn't he? The South Korean FA aren't letting him play or something.

Also, how can you get so many of your own players' names wrong?

Wembley pitch is the same width as Ipro (68m) but is 20m longer (125m compared to 105m)

No it isn't? It's exactly the same size as the iPro pitch at 68m by 105m. In fact it's my understanding that a pitch of length 125m would actually be 5m longer than FA regulation allows...

I'm really left wondering where all this nonsense about the "big Wembley pitch" even came from.

No it isn't? It's exactly the same size as the iPro pitch at 68m by 105m. In fact it's my understanding that a pitch of length 125m would actually be 5m longer than FA regulation allows...

I'm really left wondering where all this nonsense about the "big Wembley pitch" even came from.

I thought Wembley was at the absolute maximum allowed dimensions, not sure where it compares with ours. I think it will suit us anyway. 

The iPro pitch is exactly the same size as this beauty."http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/Estadio_Santiago_Bernab%C3%A9u_%2801%29/799px-Estadio_Santiago_Bernab%C3%A9u_%2801%29" alt="799px-Estadio_Santiago_Bernab%C3%A9u_%28">

The big difference being we have Jamie Ward and Jonny Russell bombing on the wings, whereas they have Ronaldo and Bale.

Similar system and awesome counterttacks though though  ;)

Makes me laugh how people go on about big pitches though... A metre here and there is nothing.

The Nou Camp pitch is 105m x 70m. 2 metres wider than the iPro.

How is that liekly to make such a difference? I can p!ss the length of 2 metres.

Archived