Lee Gregory

Dan_Ram

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooo, maydrakin has found a player from 20 years ago that succeeded in this. That's just how rare this is.

Tony Book was 30 when he made his football league debut, and eventually shared the 'Footballer of the Year' award with our own  Dave Mackay.

You don't have to be ignorant all your life. Believe in yourself - you still have the capacity to learn.

Dare I suggest that Ben Pringle is another player?

League 1 team of the season and possibly in the Championship next year? Wasn't so great for us at the time though...

Misconception. He was absolutely fine. In fact, he was a good player.

He never let us down, not that I can remember anyway. 

Anyone seen his goals on youtube? They're not what I expected. 

He looks an exceptional finisher, the service he got in the box was far, far from brilliant but he still managed to get his leg on stuff and put it in the net.

Incredibly instinctive player - besides the overhead kicks and chips...etc there was one goal where someone flashed it across the box, and he had the nerve, audacity or whatever you want to call it to ping slowly back across goal. Sharp finish. 

Serie A clubs looking at him, as well as Cardiff, Celtic, Wigan...etc 

To think he was a desperate for a move to Bradford or Crawley a couple months ago. Astonishing. 

Misconception. He was absolutely fine. In fact, he was a good player.

He never let us down, not that I can remember anyway.

I never said he let us down. I said he wasn't that great. Sometimes players have to take a step back to take two forward...

The old bringing a player up from 30 years ago argument, neglecting the advent of proper scouting these days.

Boo, Clough out. Waste of time looking at players that FM or CM or FIFA don't rate, isn't it?

Archived