Coach and Minibus Hire to Wembley

Evening all,

This is my first post on the forum but a very long time reader.

I thought now would be a good time to warn the Derby public of making sure they book with a legitimate company if/when we do get to Wembley.

Since our last play off final the Coach industry has been swamped with Brokers who in all honesty inflate the price of the journey and also can ruin the big day.

I am in the industry and have been since 2006 and have seen this happen time and time again. Because the Play off final falls on a Bank Holiday weekend a lot of real companies already have their vehicles booked on either tours or booked with private hire meaning vehicles are in high demand not just in the area but all over the UK. 

If Derby was to get 33000 tickets for the final you can say that at least 12-15000 will want to go by Coach or Minibus which means around 250-300 vehicles would be needed, a big demand on an already busy weekend. 

This is where a broker will step in - you will approach them for a quote (more than likely after finding them on an advert in Google) and they will give you a price which will be inflated but because the demand is so high in the area and vehicles already booked up a lot of people will book with a broker (probably not knowing the company is a broker).  At the time of booking the Broker will not even have a vehicle lined up for your trip and will then try to look for a company to do this for you.  By this time you have paid them a deposit and cannot get out of your booking, probably because the booking is very close they may even take full payment.  If the Broker struggles to find a company at the given price they will find a company where the price will be more than what they have quoted you, you will then get a call from the Broker demanding more money otherwise the journey wont go ahead, you have no choice other than to pay the money otherwise your letting about 50 others down or however many are on the trip. 

One broker booked 15 coaches when Man City and Man Utd was there a few years ago and couldn't find any companies to fulfill the journey's they had promised and let down over 800 supporters on the morning they was going.

This email isn't to scaremonger in anyway i am just highlighting what the coach industry is currently like.

Being in the Industry and knowing who the brokers are against the real companies in the area and all over the UK i am more than happy to help any supporter looking to book transport and advise whether you are booking direct with a company or if you are dealing with a broker.

If you would like me to (mods decision) i can look at what the average costs should be whether you are booking a 16 seat Minibus or a 53 seater coach so you know your not getting ripped off.

I know we haven't made it to Wembley yet but if you fail to plan you plan to fail.

Let me know if i can help any fellow Ram if/when we do it or should i just say when.

Regards

James

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can assure you it isn't.

I see most of the Brokers quotations they send out in the area and trust me the amount of supporters just today already asking for quotes from them is crazy.

Would you prefer me to post this the day after we get to Wembley which at that point it is one big scramble to get a vehicle booked.

I can assure you it isn't.

I see most of the Brokers quotations they send out in the area and trust me the amount of supporters just today already asking for quotes from them is crazy.

Would you prefer me to post this the day after we get to Wembley which at that point it is one big scramble to get a vehicle booked.

can you give us some estimates then?

can you give us some estimates then?

Evening Boycie,

16 seater will be around the £450-550 mark some will be lower depending on spec

24-29 seat will be around £650-£750 plus parking which can be up to £60

53 seat will cost around £900-1100 depending on spec, toilet etc plus parking.

Because of the length of the day going from the Derby area etc should only be a one man job which means the price is lower than using two drivers which normally adds on another £100-150.

Depending on availability in the area, some companies will book vehicles for other companies outside of the area which means the price may go up because of further travelling and it could mean a two man job.  You may say this is acting like a broker but the companies will only use other operators they know and trust and this is still a safe way to book.

I have seen too many people let down which is why i will offer to help any supporter who would like to check before they book IF (North_stand_ram) we get to Wembley.

I guess it's quite a valid post and useful information.

I think a lot of people are already making contingency plans should we be lucky enough to make it. I know some who have booked train tickets, and if we don't make it intend having a good day out in London instead.

Prices are already a bit silly for East Midlands Trains to St Pancras that day.

I guess it's quite a valid post and useful information.

I think a lot of people are already making contingency plans should we be lucky enough to make it. I know some who have booked train tickets, and if we don't make it intend having a good day out in London instead.

Prices are already a bit silly for East Midlands Trains to St Pancras that day.

Just checked train line. May 24th for 2 adults and one child (using a family railcard) is £110 all in for off peak return ticket. Including across London travel card for tubes. Not bad if you ask me.

Archived