Coach and Minibus Hire to Wembley

If you are going to Leeds by train an easy way to save money is to ask for a day return from Nottingham to Leeds. It is £10 cheaper than a return from Derby to Leeds and it is still valid on the Derby to Leeds service as you can go from Nottingham to Leeds changing at Derby. They will sell you that at Derby station.

The railways are full of odd fares like that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are going to Leeds by train an easy way to save money is to ask for a day return from Nottingham to Leeds. It is £10 cheaper than a return from Derby to Leeds and it is still valid on the Derby to Leeds service as you can go from Nottingham to Leeds changing at Derby. They will sell you that at Derby station.

The railways are full of odd fares like that.

Do you know any weird fares to Wembley?

Oh wait!

Do you provide coach service from Kandahar?

Ahhh. Poor Trekkie ram. Have you got to stay out there and sweat? Poor lad - we'll cheer for you!

:-)

What's the deal with age restrictions on self drives?

My local network (old scouts) group is 21 - but have seen places vary wildly. Is there an industry standard or is it just the case of a company-by-company policy?

I believe you must have passed your car test before the 1st January 1997 to be able to drive self drive otherwiese you now have to sit through a driver CPC, and pass your Minibus or Coach drivers test.

It isnt easy to get your licence now.

For London generally, I usually drive to the outskirts with a tube station. Park at the tube then ride in. Not too dear especially if you car share with 4 others.

Uxbridge, Hillingdon or Stanmore best bets for doing that....

Last time there were loads of Derby in Covent Garden on match day. I will plan to hit Kilburn or the west end early doors, IF we get there.. Back up west after.. 

Fingers crossed we don't cock up the semi's.

COYR.

Thought I'd just chip in with my two cents.

For those considering driving down and parking near a tube - an alt. option is to park at one of the stations / towns that are along the Chiltern railways line between Birmingham Moor Street and London Marylebone (as Wembley is one of the stops on the line). 

For example, Gerrards Cross, Seer Green, Beaconsfield & Denham are all 20 mins (by train) from Wembley Stadium, plus you avoid London  / M25, and parking is likely to be lot easier.

Also, you can get a metropolitan tube or Chiltern service from Amersham, Chalfont & Latimer, etc, which I believe stop at Wembley Park. 

Most the aforementioned towns are about 2.5 hrs drive from Derby if traffic is good. 

I believe you must have passed your car test before the 1st January 1997 to be able to drive self drive otherwiese you now have to sit through a driver CPC, and pass your Minibus or Coach drivers test.

It isnt easy to get your licence now.

Correct - it depends when you passed your test but I think it's after 1997 is the cut off.

Check the back of your license for the categories you are allowed to drive. I'm 36 but passed my test in 2001 so can't drive a minibus on my license.

Another one is Croxley, just outside Watford. Parking can be pre-booked, used it for the 2007 play-off, and obviously loads of Blackpool fans also had the previous day!

When we got back on the motorway afterwards, we queued alongside an "aged" coach with returning and very glum WBA fans.

Thought at the time it was strange for WBA fans to have a coach from a Workington company - now I know why!

Be warned.....

Archived