Time for a rest?

Day

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds is where 11 changes need to be made. With players like Brown and Austin in their side they will just kick lumps out of us.

Who mentioned goalies getting a rest? Think it was Vulcan. Good call that. If the rest of the squad are going to have a bit of tlc, Granty needs some too.

Too often are goalies overlooked and his form of late has been great. He's as important as anyone else in the playoffs. Bring Adam in.

Go all out to get at least a point or 3 against watford, to secure 3rd,  then just play kids/reserves against leeds .. give the entire squad a 2 week rest .. job done ..

Agreed. Also if Leeds somehow manage to sneak a win v us we can just say we had the ressies out ;-) win win.

Resting is all well and good but it just as easily knocks players out of their stride. When you're winning 4 games in a row, you can't change it.

This is also true to be fair.

It's just Leeds away, the thought of someone key getting injured by one of their big lumps. I'd be more inclined to not change it up if we were away at say Yeovil.

Yes I agree Eddie but I would like to get that point against Watford rather than potentially be chasing it against Leeds.

Yes - that's why I don't agree with making wholesale changes.

Perhaps a maximum of two out of Hughes for Hendrick, Eustace for Thorne, Sammon for Martin. I WOULD like to see Bamford get a central role at some time (even if it's for the last 20 minutes of a game) - the times we have seen him at his best have been those occasions when we have over-loaded with strikers when chasing a game, which has allowed him to move in from the wing.

But what if key players get injured and we have to get others in who haven't much game time? What happens to our chances then?

Decisions...decisions...it's a tricky one.

But what if key players get injured and we have to get others in who haven't much game time? What happens to our chances then?

Decisions...decisions...it's a tricky one.

The replacements would have played their expected roles a hundred times already on the training ground.

v Watford give Martin a day off, play Sammon. Buxton played every game this season, give Whitbread a run out. Thorne out Eustace in, Hendrick out Bailey in. Maybe even a cheeky appearance for Max Lowe and that Hanson kid.

If we lose, bring them all back for Leeds, win and they can all play again.

Play offs are massive, time to protect as many as we can.

Who's with me? No footage

Disagree.

Why on earth would you change a winning side?

Players are just as likely to get injured in training as they are in a match.

There's a reason Bailey, Whitbread, Lowe and Hanson never play. They're not good enough.

The replacements would have played their expected roles a hundred times already on the training ground.

Yeah but would they have had a chance to actually gel together as players in an actual game?

But nows just as good a time as any I suppose, now we're definately in the play offs - but wouldn't think we'd need any changes for these games? Just remaining fixtures?

Disagree.

Why on earth would you change a winning side?

Players are just as likely to get injured in training as they are in a match.

There's a reason Bailey, Whitbread, Lowe and Hanson never play. They're not good enough.

Because the play offs are massive, anything we can do to protect and minimise any risk of injury to our key players imo should be done.

Winning run means nothing, play offs mean everything. And not good enough? For what playing 90 mins of football?

Archived