Time for a rest?

Day

v Watford give Martin a day off, play Sammon. Buxton played every game this season, give Whitbread a run out. Thorne out Eustace in, Hendrick out Bailey in. Maybe even a cheeky appearance for Max Lowe and that Hanson kid.

If we lose, bring them all back for Leeds, win and they can all play again.

Play offs are massive, time to protect as many as we can.

Who's with me? No footage

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we saw a hint of this strategy against Barnsley. McClaren seemed to make his subs earlier than normal in an effort to give Dawkins a run out and also rest Thorne a little bit.

If he doesn't make wholesale changes in the starting XI against Watford, I'd expect to at least see a couple of HT subs.

I reckon keep rotating the guys that are carrying knocks (Hughes, Ward, Dawkins etc), but we need to keep the momentum up.  I'd much rather go into the playoffs off a run of wins and a hatful of goals.  The last thing we need is stuttering performances and poor results in these last 2 games.

v Watford give Martin a day off, play Sammon. Buxton played every game this season, give Whitbread a run out. Thorne out Eustace in, Hendrick out Bailey in. Maybe even a cheeky appearance for Max Lowe and that Hanson kid.

If we lose, bring them all back for Leeds, win and they can all play again.

Play offs are massive, time to protect as many as we can.

Who's with me? No footage

How could you forget Cannon Ball and Mansion Benchtop?

Those as well, as many of the first team we can rest the better.

The players will know what the crack is and the results wouldn't affect the confidence.

Cotton wool out time, it's all about the play offs now.

Don't change a winning team... Don't change anything... Boxers are staying on till late May.. Beard is coming on... Toe nails starting to hurt tho..

Mine too - going to need bigger shoes.

Nice problem to have. Think the back four won't change on Saturday, but maybe a few changes in midfield. Think Eustace will start on Saturday with Hendrick and Bryson. Maybe Wardy and Dawkins down flanks and Martin maybe an hour or so before the comedian up front arrives. Bench probably Bennett, Naylor, Roos, Whitbread, Thorne, Hughes, Bailey.

Broadly I wouldn't change anything til we have third spot guaranteed. If we secure that against Watford, I'd rest the entire team against Leeds, who will no doubt want to kick us off the pitch.

No-one's mentioned keepers in all this - I'm terrified Granty's going to get a needless red card in  a meaningless game (Leeds) when a striker gets through and hits the deck for no apparent reason, thus picking up a three match ban.

How about giving Lego a run out? He could do with the practice should we need him. And it would protect Grant for the play offs.

Would definitely recall Hughes for the Watford game. It's the kind of match where he could flourish - a side that tries to play football instead of the more physical teams we have played recently.

We need to secure 3rd spot first otherwise it will be Wigan over two legs.

A draw nails that on, I think. Even though QPR's last 2 games are against Millwall and Barnsley, I don't see them turning around a 15 goal deficit.

I'd say give some of our players that haven't had much playing time recently (but would have to step in if someone got injured) a run out, but try and keep the core of the team still playing. So I'd chuck in Whitbread and Bailey, give them valuable playing time. Never know if we'll need them to do a job in the play-offs.

Important to keep the winning run going though, we could realistically go into the play-off final having won 8 in a row.

Archived