Time for a rest?

Day

Also, Buxton hasn't played every game this season, he was left out for Whitbread against Leeds. I believe the only player who's played every single game is Forsyth?

According to the club's official stats, Bucko, Grant and Forsyth have appeared 44 times in the league and 4 times in the cups. That doesn't distinguish between starts and substitute appearances though.

Bucko came on right at the end against the Dirties, IIRC.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trouble is players can get injured in training as well so let's rap um up in Rammie or Mr Blobby suits LOL

It's minimising the risk, not exactly rocket science. Hopefully McClaren agrees with me which I'm sure he will as I'm clearly talking sense.

I couldn't give a toss if we draw with Watford and lose to Leeds. We're in the play offs now and that has to be our primary focus, not winning runs or entertaining the fans.

We need our key players 100% fit.

Martin and Bryson are the 2 players out the of whole squad who i do not want missing from the play offs. We know we are not as good without them. I think giving Martin in particular a rest would be a good idea. keep him fresh. Id also rest Hughes against Leeds as well just in case. Hopefully Ward can stay fit as well. 

Why would nothing to play for Leeds (even their pride is already gone after this season) go lunging into tackles? They'll just take it easy and then jet off on their holidays. It's a time for the players to be clever, there are certain challenges they will be forgiven for pulling out of with play offs round the corner.

Think momentum is being really underestimated here, we have a chance to go onto the playoffs on the back of 6 wins, that will do us as good psychologically as sneaking in 6th will do the team we face.

Play players out of position.... Something we got used to over the last few seasons, feel like old times....and may keep some fans happy..... I'll get me coat....

The only players I can see beeing rested are the ones that are least important (I say least but I mean ones we have cover for) ie-Ward, Hughes, Bryson, Dawkins, Russell, Thorne. I believe they may get a rest but at the same time those are the players who are the most replaceable (in that we have adequate cover).

?

If Bryson picks up a knock its a blow, but we have Hndrick...if Ward is injured then we have Bamford.

Who we REALLY need to keep fit are the back 5 and Martin. Can you imagine Bucko or Wisdom or any of the others getting injured...who do we have in cover? These are the ones that need protecting!

Also, Buxton hasn't played every game this season, he was left out for Whitbread against Leeds. I believe the only player who's played every single game is Forsyth?

Saw some banter about this on twitter with the players I think, for a long time both Grant and Forsyth were the only 2 players to have played every minute of the games this year, but Forsyth got replaced by Naylor vs Huddersfield due to the 9 yellow's he had and it was after that game that it got reset for the ban (I think). So it is only Granty now.

And I honestly wouldn't rest anyone, I see no reason why the playoffs are any different to any other game this season (being thatthe goal is to win), we've played over 40 games this season, an extra 3 won't hurt the players. 

When we eye over fixtures in the past we don't look to rest players, and I think it would just kill the momentum and put pressure on the players after missing a match to come back into the side to play in the playoff's. I can't remember a time this season where certain players have looked to need a rest? Keep it the same, protect the injury prone players by not risking them for the full 90 minutes, other than that, just keep winning. 5 more wins.

According to the club's official stats, Bucko, Grant and Forsyth have appeared 44 times in the league and 4 times in the cups. That doesn't distinguish between starts and substitute appearances though.

Bucko came on right at the end against the Dirties, IIRC.

Grant has played every min, Forsyth has bar 20 mins, Buxton started 42 games, once subbed off, twice he was subbed on. Missed about 140 mins.

Archived