Please ward, don't get injured

climbon

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Ward, Russell, Dawkins and Bamford are all fit Ward would be in my starting 11. It's close between the other 3 but I think Ward is the most consistent.

Yep I think the same. I'd like to see Russel and Ward as the first choices, but the great news is we have choices and when all 4 are fit we can bring them on to refresh us as we have done many times this season

Yep I think the same. I'd like to see Russel and Ward as the first choices, but the great news is we have choices and when all 4 are fit we can bring them on to refresh us as we have done many times this season

So do I. Russell and Ward to start if both 100% fit.

But at the moment I'd give as much game time as possible to Dawkins, just to get him fully fit too.

When Wardy is under pressure to perform and show he is worthy for a starting place (after the performances of Russell and goal scoring exploits of Bamford) he produces a great performance just like he did at Donny and Birmingham after being dropped for a few matches. Out of all 4 wingers, I believe that Wardy at his best is the best out of the 4.

Dawkins always cuts inside to beat his man, Ward always goes out wide to beat his.

They're like a poor mans Ronaldo and Bale.

Is that why we play ward on the left (apart from with Dawkins) so he can cross the ball with his left foot??

Would say ward favours the inside while Dawkins favour the inside pass rather than actually taking people on.. 

He often steps up for big games, but after seeing Russell and Bamford against Forest I think they do too. I'd want Ward and Russell starting tomorrow, but we'll see who's playing best by the time we get to the play-offs.

Wardy had a great game before he went off injured, and we were already 3-0! Think Russell had it easy, absolute quality goal though. 

Would start Ward + Russell for me!

Ward takes responsibility but is likely to break down

He is the best of the four by a country mile.

Only he could deliver that ball for Martin v Donny.

Dawkins blows a bit hot and cold and often takes the easy option

Russell is more of an inside forward

Bamford is totally out of position

These are two positions that we will need to strengthen

I'm happiest to see Dawkins back.

There's a really brilliant player in there. He's more consistent than Ward (which is the reason Ward isn't playing at a higher level imo. If the 10 great performances were the norm...)

If he finds that final ball then he'll be proper good.

But I suppose Robben has been one of the best players of his generation up until the final third. He's never grabbed those headlines though.

Weird how a gifted footballer can get the final ball wrong 70% of the time. Why?!?!? Natural talent and they can't be taught to look up and think quickly.

Surely composure and quick thinking are what makes these sort of players great in possession!!

Robben drives me crazy.

Dawkins I love. I hope he finds that sharpness.

This post might look silly one day but I honestly think he could be a recognised top half PL player

Ease Ward back gently as we head towards the playoffs, so just give him another 10-15 minutes against Barnsleh. It's great we have so many options to choose from, with Ward, Russell, Dawkins, Bamford, Bennett, who all have strengths and each offer something different.

But there's only one Coldplay. That's the real worry when it comes to the playoffs.

Agreed, also has that suarez like ability to look like he's not really in control but still comes out with the ball

He's got a bit of an awkward dribbling style hasn't he? Lol. Atleast he keeps it close! Always stands a chance of keeping possession when tackled

Out of all 4 wingers, I believe that Wardy at his best is the best out of the 4.

Really?

It's an interesting point of view.

On actual ability alone, he's dead last out of the 4. I think his will to win makes up for a lot.

Archived