Please ward, don't get injured

climbon

So happy to see both Ward and Dawkins back from injury. But I bet I'm not the only one who looks at Ward as an injury waiting to happen. Every time he goes down I cringe. In fact when he was through on goal and tried to chip the keeper at the end I found myself shouting "we're 2-0 up...its not worth it...why are you running so fast...playoffs...hamstring...argg"

Good to have him and dawkins back...will make a huge difference in the playoffs.

Oh, and sign thorne...PLEASE!!!! :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to have a stronger bench too. Thought Dawkins was alright when he came on too on Friday. Kept the ball fairly well

For me personally, I cant choose between ward, Russell & Dawkins. Bamford while scoring doesn't impress me in his over all play as much as the others do. I think Dawkins holds the ball better but his finishing is woeful most of the time.

I think in the play offs id start ward & dawkins with Russell coming on later to run at tired defences.

Its a toss up for me between Ward and Russell, they both have a lot to offer, Wards speed and energy were obvious against Donny, but he couldn't score a goal like Russell did against Huddersfield... so they are good cover for each other depending on who Mac fancies on the day...

Bamford for me is another Jon Stead, played for England U21, while at Blackburn, then slowly climbed down the ladder, i feel if he doesn sort out the rest of his game, his odd piece of brilliance isnt enough to keep him in the prem.

Dawkins has what Bamford doesn't and visa versa ( can we splice them together or clone them ? ) his energy like Wards is often infectious and crucial to the way we play.

I like the fact that we have options up front, and Mac can select who he feels is right for the opposition...

Keep them all fit for the play offs ffs...

even if it means playing Sammon as 1st choice, :o

That was a joke

Ward has not impressed me at all this season bar a few good games (Watford away for example). However in recent weeks, Bamford has been poor and Ward, for me, was our best player in the 2nd half against Doncaster. Hopefully Ward's form will be consistent in these last few games and give him confidence going into the play-offs.

Ward should start against Barnsley and, if he continues his good form, then he should be in our first XI alongside Martin and Russell.

How ironic would it be if the one player everyone has dismissed, sammon, pops up at Wembley in the last minute, takes on half the opposition and nonchalantly dinks it past the keeper to win us the game.

Perhaps only in my dreams :)

How ironic would it be if the one player everyone has dismissed, sammon, pops up at Wembley in the last minute, takes on half the opposition and nonchalantly dinks it past the keeper to win us the game.

Yep only your dreams!

Rather be it injury time and he gets the ball in the nuts and then deflects into the net

I agree, so should we rest him until the playoffs?

Who.... Sammon :o

Archived