April 2014 Games

Alph

Problem with Barcelona last night is there star man did not perform, just every now and again he lets them down.

im sure he will be back to his normal self next game, sending a opposition player off or giving a ridiculous penalty to them, he is normally there most consistent player.

Bayern are very similar in their constant harassment and trying to con the officals, maybe its the "pep" factor.

Hope chelsea win it this year.

Who is Barcelona's best player?

Barcelona, unless they revert back to the 2009 style, are in grave danger of replicating Man Utd.

Finding a style to dominate the domestic league but ultimately struggling in Europe.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferguson was a bully in England. You want someone who pressure referees? Look no further.

He managed the biggest club in the world and nobody here could compete with their financial clout. Only those sides like AC Milan, Barca, Real, Bayern, Inter, Juventus etc offered threats in Europe where Fergie was much less successful.

Great manager but not the greatest.

If Derby or England played like Barca/Bayern the nobody would be complaining. They attack with the ball and they defend with the ball. Under Pep they have both scored tons.

People call Spain boring? Not being funny but England are fookin awful to watch and their players are 'worth' the same prices. England score less goals and create less chances. But Spain are boring?

So, we don't want a team that applies pressure to referees or plays boring football to win the Champions League. Who do we want to win instead?

Chelsea...

Sherwood must have had words and he saved them from certain defeat. I can guess that will be the angle.

I bet he says "I had to change a couple of things" in his interview.

Great comeback against a great WBA side. AVB would have lost that...

Why are there linesman who stand near the goals if the goalkeepers can move 2 yards off their line before diving?

Fabianski's second save he literally ran forward.. Why didn't the Wigan player complain?

One of those things where it's just become common practice now - should have been stamped out as soon as they changed the rules so that you could move on your line. Just like the change(s) to the offside rule - they change something to fix one problem, and then just introduce another.

Arsenal vs Wigan - poor game. Really hope Everton hold on to fourth place this year. Martinez is doing a fantastic job there, would like to see him test himself, and Everton, in the CL.

Would be interesting to see Arsenal finally win a trophy (and they'd have to be massive favourites now), but fail to get in the champions league.

Arsenal fans have been moaning that they want silverware, champions league football year in year out isn't enough. Well, they might have their wish now. But is this really how they pictured it? Be careful what you wish for.

Also, it'll be odd to see the champions league with no Arsenal of Manure. Are the times achanging?

Sherwood compared the comeback to Liverpool's 3-3 draw with AC Milan.

The guy is off his rocket

Sherwood must have had words and he saved them from certain defeat. I can guess that will be the angle.

I bet he says "I had to change a couple of things" in his interview.

Great comeback against a great WBA side. AVB would have lost that...

AC Milan do wear a striped shirt I guess.

Wonder if he saluted the penalty.

Archived