April 2014 Games

Alph

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both the English teams have got bad draws there, they would both have been praying for Dortmund or Madrid or probably each other actually.

four winners

Barca

Real

Paris Chelsea* (fixed that for you)

Bayern

hardly the most unpredictable semi finals is it?

Chelsea will do PSG without question, I'm a little bit confused why PSG are the favourites for this one.

It depends what Man Utd turn up whether they get absolutely humiliated or just soundly beaten. It is worth noting that the last time Man Utd played in Germany they won 5-0.

I wouldn't be surprised if either Barca or Real fall at this hurdle. It's all top teams (Man Utd on reputation rather than form...) and it's all the group winners, it's going to be a superb round

Very much agreed, sounds daft and it probably is! That I think United will win it a la Liverpool did in 2005. Just think United in one of big games have still a bit about them. Don't think they will do anything domestically for a season or two. There in transition. And I think they will back to there winning ways i e titles etc within next couple of seasons. We may mock them, but I still think they will another title before the likes of Liverpool do. Feel free as always to rip my comments apart! :)

Think Chelsea will beat PSG in standard Jose style.

I don't think Barcelona have it as easy as folks think.

Real Madrid will cruise through

I can't wait to see United get mauled.

Never in doubt.

Easy, easy, easy.

Chris Waddle, BBC Radio 5 live, Allianz ArenaBayern Munich v Man Utd (Agg: 1-1) 19:45 BST

"If you look at the two teams they're all internationals. Manchester United haven't got a team of youngsters or lower league players. I think people go overboard on Bayern, you look at the Bundesliga it isn't that strong, the difference between the two sides is one is utterly confident and one isn't.

"Tonight United need to get down the sides and get those full-backs turned, I think Manchester United can boss the midfield tonight. If Rooney can then pick up Toni Kroos I fancy United to do well tonight. Bayern are looking very defensive and if United can nullify the threat of Ribery and Gomez it will relieve the pressure on Jones or Smalling."

How deluded is this guy?

The differece between Bayern and Man Utd is one has 11 better players than the other, plus a far far better manager and style. Not confidece as he says.

And since when have United bossed a midfield? Did he not watch Man Utd (with a better team and manager under Fergie) get ansolutely destroyed by Barcelona (twice) in the CL?

And Bayern defensive. They've gone with Mandzukic uptop followed by four attacking midfielders in Goetze, Muller, Ribery and Robben. He even put Gomez he's that clueless.

How do these guys get jobs on the BBC?

Barcelona are playing awful. The worst I've seen them for years.

But the goal doesn't really change anything. Baca have to score anyway.

Atletico have hit the woodwork three times already. David Villa is playing brilliantly. Another Atletico goal will make it difficult. Next goal is crucial

Its frustrating watching Barcelona play.

Their tactics are awful tonight, They have no width as Pedro isn't playing and they've gone with three in midfield in Xavi, Fabregas and Busquets which none are ball-carriers (Why did you sell Yaya Toure???) and they have Iniesta and Neymar both playing on the left... Meaning Dani Alves is alone on the right with no-one attacking.

Messi is non-existant poor bloke. Best player in the world and he's up against 5 defenders on his own.

Barcelona need to change. They need a Diego Costa/Mandzukic or just a proper striker like David Villa (another mistake selling him)... They need Messi as the number 10 where he can wreack havoc. They need proper wide players who can cut in like they used to have when Messi and Henry played out wide.

Fabregas and Xavi are wasted. Neymar and Iniesta ae wasted.

Diamonds in round holes.

Gerardo Martino hasn't got a clue.

Barcelona under Pep.

Valdes

Dani Alves

Pique

Puyol

Abidal

Busquets/Yaya Toure/Keita

Iniesta

Xavi

Messi

Eto'o/David Villa

Henry/Neymar

compared to their team tonight under Gerardo Martino.

Pinto

Dani Alves

Mascherano (no height)

Bartra (inexperienced but promising)

Jordi Alba (offers more speed than Abidal but no height)

Busquets

Fabregas (offers nothing but passing)

Xavi

Iniesta (wasted out left)

Messi (wasted upfront on his own)

Neymar (has no space)

Barcelona under Pep would hammer this Barcelona team easily.

Happy for Atletico and Simeone - their first win over Barcelona under him.

I hope Barcelona lose La Liga and CDR now. If they win one or both, they won't change. They need a huge wake up call and hopefully losing the let will force change.

Atletico Madrid were much better tonight. 1-0 flattered Barca

Hoping for the semi-finals.

Real Madrd vs Chelsea - Ancelotti vs Mourinho over two legs would be so good.

Altetico Madrid vs Bayern (Simeone's style is made to counter this style and it will be a cracking tie)

Archived