April 2014 Games

Alph

Real Madrid would win easily. Their powerful counterattacking style would steamroll Atletico like they did the CDR recently.

A Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid final would be the best this side of the millennium as both are the top two in Europe.

When was the last time the best two teams in Europe met in the final of the CL? 2009 when Barca met Man Utd (when they had Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov) maybe?

But even then, that Man Utd team in 2009 isn't as good as this Real Madrid or Bayern side.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironic that he tries to play a more direct style and they look less threatening for it.

I hope Bayern win it. Love watching Robben. If he was more consistent in the final third surely he'd be considered an even greater player?

Hate Chelsea except Hazard

Hate Real except Alonso and Modric

Not arsed with Atletico either way.

Hate Ribery and Martinez but quite like the Bayern team. Lahm is quite a legend and Pep strives for football perfection.

Bayern to destroy Chelsea would please me.

Then beat Real in the final with a clean sheet. Fook Ronaldo and Pepe having any enjoyment. A spoilt brat and a thug

I want anyone but Chelsea to win it - though I do like a few of their players. Matic, Hazard and Oscar are quality.

Atletico Madrid are just a Chelsea basically. They mirror them, though they have a better team unit and much more likeable players. Koke is Xavi-esque but with better workrate. Brilliant player.

Bayern are just great to watch. Pep is the best manager ever IMO for the way he has transformed football and not only that, this Bayern side is even better than Heynckes side that won everything.

Real Madrid are a tough one. I love parts about their club, hate other parts. Love the stadium, Ancelotti is awesome as is Clemente and Zidane (an excellent staff). Some players I like in their team, including Modric, Benzema, Xabi Alonso...

But I hate the way they treat youth, I hate the way they bully other teams, I hate their media, I hate the way they act towards referees when they whinge and whine and I hate their excuses and players like Arbeloa, Pepe and Ronaldo set such a bad example when they act like they own the place.

Oh, and when Ronaldo scores and he shows absolutely no gratitude to his teammates his disgusting.

Pep is the best manager ever IMO

IMO you're wrong. Alex Ferguson.

I hate the way they act towards referees when they whinge and whine and I hate their excuses and players like Arbeloa, Pepe and Ronaldo set such a bad example when they act like they own the place.

You mean like Barca do as well? That's why the El Crapico is unwatchable now.

IMO you're wrong. Alex Ferguson.

You mean like Barca do as well? That's why the El Crapico is unwatchable now.

Barcelona never whinge about the referee. It's club policy, you will never hear an interview from them trashing a ref despite receiving bad decisions.

RM's comments about the ref were absolutely awful - and it was te same cuplrits.

Ronaldo said he wasn't fit to ref a game of that magnitude and favoured Barca all game long. Sergio Ramos said it was planned to give Barca the decisions and Pepe said that everyone wanted Barca to win for the title-race to be better and decisions swayed that.

That IMO is pathetic.

Oh, and Pep is a far better manager than Sir Alex Ferguson. SAF was ultimatly a king in the PL where Man Utd were financially more able than any other club by quite along way until Chelsea and City came along - but his European record is nothing.

Alex Ferguson will only be remembered in England as a great, and in 50-75 years only the English will remember him. Pep is an icon in world football and has changed the face of the game, produced the best side ever created and now with Bayern has everything set out for them to be unstoppable in Germany for the next 20 years.

Name me a side that doesn't remonstrate with the referee... You won't find any in world football.

But there is a big difference between remonstrating with the referee during the heat of the moment within the 90 minutes than blasting a referee in the media afterwards.

Barcelona are full of class in that way, and one of the only clubs around that have a policy of not blaming the referee in defeat.

Name me a side that doesn't remonstrate with the referee... You won't find any in world football.

But there is a big difference between remonstrating with the referee during the heat of the moment within the 90 minutes than blasting a referee in the media afterwards.

Barcelona are full of class in that way, and one of the only clubs around that have a policy of not blaming the referee in defeat.

Come on Bris, you must have watched how many El Crapico's now?...the whole game they are at it, appealing everything that goes against them. They may not talk to the media after about it, doesn't take away from what they were like on the pitch. They are too busy laughing at how many times they conned the ref during the game.

Real v Barca should be the best games to watch, instead it's embarrassing and class is a word I couldn't use for either of them.

The referee is at the centre of attention yet again, as Barcelona lay into Delgado Ferreiro for his performance in the derby...

Barcelona's stars were under no doubt as to the reason for their loss to Espanyol in Saturday night's ferocious Catalan derby, laying the blame squarely at the feet of the referee...

Speaking to reporters after the match, Xavi remarked, "We are not saying that there is a campaign against Barca, but we have lost due to circumstances beyond our control.

"The referee ruined the game, and ensured that there was no rhythm," he continued. "The referees should protect offensive football, as our opponents always come to shut up shop, not to play football."

Lionel Messi echoed those sentiments, saying: "The expulsion changed the game, and it is important to talk about the referees so that they cannot just come here and do what they want."

Finally, Victor Valdes offered his brief thoughts, simply saying that the decision to send Seydou Keita off became "problematic" for his side.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/105/main/2009/02/22/1121259/barcelona-stars-messi-xavi-blame-ref-for-espanyol-loss

Come on Bris, you must have watched how many El Crapico's now?...the whole game they are at it, appealing everything that goes against them. They may not talk to the media after about it, doesn't take away from what they were like on the pitch. They are too busy laughing at how many times they conned the ref during the game.

Real v Barca should be the best games to watch, instead it's embarrassing and class is a word I couldn't use for either of them.

I love el classicos, and yes they do get in the ear of the referee that's normal.

Did you not watch the recent Man Utd vs Liverpool match, It was exactly the same. Chelsea vs Man Utd a year or so ago was terrible aswell.

It's always going to happen during big clashes with big moments.

I can't remember watching the last clasico when there wasn't a major decision or red card offence during the game.

Everytime I have the misfortune to watch Barca they are at it, if I watch them now it's because the remote control is out of reach and I can't be arsed to get up.

I'm not saying Barca are the only team to do it, but they are by far the worse offenders I have seen do it.

Everytime I have the misfortune to watch Barca they are at it, if I watch them now it's because the remote control is out of reach and I can't be arsed to get up.

I'm not saying Barca are the only team to do it, but they are by far the worse offenders I have seen do it.

Wow that's a really strong statement. Fair enough if you think that, but I know for a fact that they're not the worst offenders by far - Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man Utd over the years have been far worse.

I'm not liking how they're playing at the moment I'll give you that. Especially against the better teams

Problem with Barcelona last night is there star man did not perform, just every now and again he lets them down.

im sure he will be back to his normal self next game, sending a opposition player off or giving a ridiculous penalty to them, he is normally there most consistent player.

Bayern are very similar in their constant harassment and trying to con the officals, maybe its the "pep" factor.

Hope chelsea win it this year.

Archived