Liverpool/Gerrard/Title

sage

What a load of complete drivel, anybody who endured the locals acting like packs of hyena's in the 70's and 80's will never want Liverpool to win anything, that mentality is still there. Blades are still used, away fans transport attacked.

Gerard is the lowest of the low in sporting terms, that backpass cemented him in that bracket, as bad as a match fixer, don't forget his off field conduct either. 

One place they will never be forgiven is Turin, Heysel should never be forgotten. The feeling there is still very strong as the link shows.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x12/stalkermann/juventus

Don't forget as well they are the third biggest spenders in the Premier League, over the Premier League years the biggest, hardly the paupers that crap makes them out to be.

You're talking to someone who's 17, obviously I'm not going to remember the 70's and 80's. But from what I know about it, I gather that you can't exactly blame the entire club for the actions of a group of fans from 30 years ago. It was a different era, yes you still get some scum throwing bricks at coaches etc, but that's purely a minority now. Not every single Liverpool fan can be put into the same bracket as the 14 convicted in 85, the same way you can't put all Germans into the same category as the Nazi's. How would you feel if you had someone saying that we don't deserve promotion because of Mick f*cking Philpott. I'd call them a ******* moron, personally, I can't speak for you.

I do disagree with the idea that they're spending is 'mediocre' too, but I'd bare in mind that they spent a lot of money because they've brought British talent, which as we all know is hyper inflated. 35 million for Carroll, 15 million for Joe Allen, 20 million for Henderson, f*ck knows what for Downing and possibly 15 million for Will Hughes?! I'd rather have a team blowing millions to give English players a chance rather than Hazard and Jovetic a chance.

But what it really boils down to is football, you can pick out something awful every single set of fans in the country has done, but what really matters is what this will do to football. A team with an English core winning the Premier League would be amazing, especially in a World Cup year. Henderson, Gerrard, Sturridge, Johnson, Flanagan and Sterling going into the squad with the confidence of being Premier League champions is really something I (and it seems a majority of the country) would like to see, finally a bunch of talented English players playing a good brand of football, not Ferguson's ****.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're talking to someone who's 17, obviously I'm not going to remember the 70's and 80's. But from what I know about it, I gather that you can't exactly blame the entire club for the actions of a group of fans from 30 years ago. It was a different era, yes you still get some scum throwing bricks at coaches etc, but that's purely a minority now. Not every single Liverpool fan can be put into the same bracket as the 14 convicted in 85, the same way you can't put all Germans into the same category as the Nazi's. How would you feel if you had someone saying that we don't deserve promotion because of Mick f*cking Philpott. I'd call them a ******* moron, personally, I can't speak for you.

I do disagree with the idea that they're spending is 'mediocre' too, but I'd bare in mind that they spent a lot of money because they've brought British talent, which as we all know is hyper inflated. 35 million for Carroll, 15 million for Joe Allen, 20 million for Henderson, f*ck knows what for Downing and possibly 15 million for Will Hughes?! I'd rather have a team blowing millions to give English players a chance rather than Hazard and Jovetic a chance.

But what it really boils down to is football, you can pick out something awful every single set of fans in the country has done, but what really matters is what this will do to football. A team with an English core winning the Premier League would be amazing, especially in a World Cup year. Henderson, Gerrard, Sturridge, Johnson, Flanagan and Sterling going into the squad with the confidence of being Premier League champions is really something I (and it seems a majority of the country) would like to see, finally a bunch of talented English players playing a good brand of football, not Ferguson's ****.

Completely with you on this Leicester. You're talking sense. Nice change.

There are some clubs I don't like much now but I hope to God I'm man enough to bury the hatchet in the 2040s.

It's okay to hate Leeds because of the 1970s for us young fans though, cos they like made a film about it...

Completely with you on this Leicester. You're talking sense. Nice change.

There are some clubs I don't like much now but I hope to God I'm man enough to bury the hatchet in the 2040s.

It's okay to hate Leeds because of the 1970s for us young fans though, cos they like made a film about it...

Yeah, I'll never forgive them for sacking Michael Sheen's character, who ever he was meant to be.

You make some very good points. But you make some bad points. Their spending has been poor, under Dogleash especially. Suarez you could argue a case for and Sturridge so far. And they have some with question marks still, Mignolet? Toure? Has Cissoko played this year? Coutinho? As for wasting millions on English players than on players like Hazard and Jovetic :lol: I would rather my club get the best players they can, I don't really care if they are English or British or from Timbuktu as long as they improved the team.

Why does it seem the majority want Liverpool to win the league? Where did you get the info for that? Tabloids? :lol:

You make some very good points. But you make some bad points. Their spending has been poor, under Dogleash especially. Suarez you could argue a case for and Sturridge so far. And they have some with question marks still, Mignolet? Toure? Has Cissoko played this year? Coutinho? As for wasting millions on English players than on players like Hazard and Jovetic :lol: I would rather my club get the best players they can, I don't really care if they are English or British or from Timbuktu as long as they improved the team.

Why does it seem the majority want Liverpool to win the league? Where did you get the info for that? Tabloids? :lol:

Not our team is it, it's Liverpool. Speaking from an outsiders perspective, I'd rather a team spending money on English players do well than a team of Spaniards, because it installs a culture of taking chances on homegrown talent; which I don't think we do enough. Italy, Germany and Spain's best teams have an Italian/Spanish/German core, they were the top 3 teams at Euro 2012 and have been better than us consistently for a few years now. Most of their best exports all had chances to flourish in their own league first too.

On the 'majority' thing just social networks, polls, my friends. Everyone I know who's not a City/Chelsea fan wants Liverpool to win it, just an empiric observation really  :D Shall I change it to the majority of people Loughborough want Liverpool to win it?

Not our team is it, it's Liverpool. Speaking from an outsiders perspective, I'd rather a team spending money on English players do well than a team of Spaniards, because it installs a culture of taking chances on homegrown talent; which I don't think we do enough. Italy, Germany and Spain's best teams have an Italian/Spanish/German core, they were the top 3 teams at Euro 2012 and have been better than us consistently for a few years now. Most of their best exports all had chances to flourish in their own league first too.

On the 'majority' thing just social networks, polls, my friends. Everyone I know who's not a City/Chelsea fan wants Liverpool to win it, just an empiric observation really :D Shall I change it to the majority of people Loughborough want Liverpool to win it?

It really doesn't matter if we have 4,5 or 11 players playing for England who have won the league, believe me we aren't winning the World Cup I am afraid.

I would put everyone who was brought up in the 70's or 80's on your list of people who don't want them to win the league......ever.

It really doesn't matter if we have 4,5 or 11 players playing for England who have won the league, believe me we aren't winning the World Cup I am afraid.

I would put everyone who was brought up in the 70's or 80's on your list of people who don't want them to win the league......ever.

1982, 80's boy, come on Liverpool!

1978 and I'm with Daveo. If we didn't want any other teams to win something cus of their fans then we wouldn't want anybody other than Derby to win anything because human nature & football culture requires us to have a dislike towards other groups of people/fans who covert the same as us. Even if I didn't have any affiliation with Liverpool prior to this season, taking if into isolation you can't really argue that they've been the best footballing side...

I'll give you Tourè and Cissoko but Mignolet has been very good in most games. Yes he's dropped a couple of changers but so has Hart, Cech and pretty much any other keeper this season. Same with Alex Smithees on Saturday, he's one of the most highly rated keepers outside the Prem and he goes and slam dunks it into his own goal...

As for Courtinio, for the player he is and the amount he brings to that side. £8.5m is an absolute steal!

I'll give you Tourè and Cissoko but Mignolet has been very good in most games. Yes he's dropped a couple of changers but so has Hart, Cech and pretty much any other keeper this season. Same with Alex Smithees on Saturday, he's one of the most highly rated keepers outside the Prem and he goes and slam dunks it into his own goal...

As for Courtinio, for the player he is and the amount he brings to that side. £8.5m is an absolute steal!

Is Mignolet better than Pepe Reina though? And £9m worth? Which is why I would question the signing.

Coutinho has bags of ability but is he consistent enough? Liverpool have benefited big time by not being in Europe, would he be able to perform to a top standard every game with a European competition included in the season, hence why I said there are still question marks over him.

FWIW, I'm still backing Chelsea in this race. Mourinho is the master.

Would be insufferable if Liverpool won it. They have more closet 'fans' than Man Utd round here. I'll never forget how many people who supposedly didn't even like football miraculously owned a shirt after the Champions League win in 2005.

Can't be that bad of a keeper if you're top of the league, any club ever won it with a dodgy one?

Utd had Taibi, Van der Gouw and Bosnich in goal 1 season. That is a pretty dodgy list. Then they had Roy Carroll.

I'm losing the war. I've been firmly on the anti-Liverpool side of the fence since forever, but...

They have about 6 England internationals in their side.

They play to out score the opponent and it's incredibly entertaining.

They're top on merit.

Maybe but the city is a cesspit, a big chunk of their local fan base is unparalled vermin and their captain/manager is the vilest person in pro football today and that really is saying something, plus they get unprecedented help from refs. Come on Mourinho, your football is boring but with Fergie gone you are the only one to keep them down. City may be loaded but they bottled it.

Maybe but the city is a cesspit, a big chunk of their local fan base is unparalled vermin and their captain/manager is the vilest person in pro football today and that really is saying something, plus they get unprecedented help from refs. Come on Mourinho, your football is boring but with Fergie gone you are the only one to keep them down. City may be loaded but they bottled it.

Your missus ran off with a scouser didn't she.

Archived