ive had an idea

davenportram

We should retire the date 22nd March. All years should now go from 21st March straight to 23rd March, with an extra day in February.

There will never be a better 22nd March.

Failing that, retire the shoreline. From now on every match ends when the score reaches 4-0, therefore preserving this day as the really special one.

We've got to retire something, and a specific match doesn't really have a squad number...

Oh wait, I think we might have 'retired' Billy Davies, does that count?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22 March is mine and the Memsahib's wedding anniversary.

We were married in 1975 - the only game we missed that season was on our wedding day - Newcastle away (won 2-0, Roger Davies bagged them both).

Yesterday was (almost) the best 22 March of my life. Bugger next year and our Ruby Wedding - we shall always remember our Garibaldi anniversary.

We were married in 1975 - the only game we missed that season was on our wedding day - Newcastle away (won 2-0, Roger Davies bagged them both).

Yesterday was (almost) the best 22 March of my life. Bugger next year and our Ruby Wedding - we shall always remember our Garibaldi anniversary.

why on earth did you pick a match day to get married?

Never forgave my cousin....we all missed the famous derby 5 spurs 0 with the les green save.

Be honest, Bryson touched you in places you've not been touched in 39 years?

Be honest, Bryson touched you in places you've not been touched in 39 years?

If you read my entry in the 'how was your day?' thread, you will see that the final entry was 'XXX'.

why on earth did you pick a match day to get married?

Never forgave my cousin....we all missed the famous derby 5 spurs 0 with the les green save.

It was a difficult decision - but both mothers wanted the full church nonsense. We basically looked at the fixtures list for the furthest away match, chose that day and went for it. Got back in time for the 5-0 defeat of Luton (Davies all 5 goals). 

If you read my entry in the 'how was your day?' thread, you will see that the final entry was 'XXX'.

I just thought it was a typo and with you being a beer connoisseur had a sneaky Castlemaine 4X before bed time!!

In all seriousness congrats mate, not a bad way to celebrate 39 years!

I just thought it was a typo and with you being a beer connoisseur had a sneaky Castlemaine 4X before bed time!!

In all seriousness congrats mate, not a bad way to celebrate 39 years!

You bar steward!!!

:lol:  :p

We should retire the date 22nd March. All years should now go from 21st March straight to 23rd March, with an extra day in February.There will never be a better 22nd March.Failing that, retire the shoreline. From now on every match ends when the score reaches 4-0, therefore preserving this day as the really special one.We've got to retire something, and a specific match doesn't really have a squad number...Oh wait, I think we might have 'retired' Billy Davies, does that count?

How about retiring the poison dwarf?

It was a difficult decision - but both mothers wanted the full church nonsense. We basically looked at the fixtures list for the furthest away match, chose that day and went for it. Got back in time for the 5-0 defeat of Luton (Davies all 5 goals).

How strange is that , after seeing your earlier post , i was going to quote this game as the only one i missed 

that season too , due to a friends wedding !!

Get 1 poster, have everybody who'd like to sign it and donate, then print those?

Or maybe have a massive one made, still have everybody sign it, then cover it with perspex and mount it on the side of the stadium.

Beg everybody for free services for charideee, maybe they'll benefit from the publicity?

Archived