Should we now be worried?

Uptherams

9 points above 7th, but Wigan have three games in hand. If they played them all now they would get at least 4 points. This would put 6th on 56, just 6 behind us. We have Forest and Reading to play. Loose them and then what...

Can we please just go back to playing good flowing attacking football. Is that too much to ask? I don't care if we end up drawing a game 3-3 or losing 4-1. It's the matches we win 3-1 I care about. You need confidence going into the play off's. The semi's is about goals. How on earth do we expect to even get to Wembley. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 points above 7th, but Wigan have three games in hand. If they played them all now they would get at least 4 points. This would put 6th on 56, just 6 behind us. We have Forest and Reading to play. Loose them and then what...

Can we please just go back to playing good flowing attacking football. Is that too much to ask? I don't care if we end up drawing a game 3-3 or losing 4-1. It's the matches we win 3-1 I care about. You need confidence going into the play off's. The semi's is about goals. How on earth do we expect to even get to Wembley.

Fundamental flaw here. The question shouldn't be how many points does 6th have, it's 7th we need to worry about.

If QPR win their game in hand, then we're fourth. But QPR, us and Forest are all on a bad run. So we have to consider if 3 other clubs have it in them to overtake us.

Wigan could catch us based in the run they're on, if Forest turn it around and beat us at iPro, they could catch us, and Reading are doing okay and could potentially catch us too, especially if they beat us.

That's a very, very worst case scenario though. It's far more likely that Forwest are doomed from here, so even if Wigan and Reading were to overtake us (which would take a string if losses at this stage), we'd still be 6th.

So there's nothing to really worry about in terms if finishing in the play offs. But there's probably something to worry about in terms of oicking up confidence for the play offs.

But we're not going to get second now, and we're not going to secure our place in the play offs based on games against Millwall and Bolton. I reckon we could loose every game, as long as we beat Forest and Reading. They are the important ones.

If there was a time to hit a poor run of form then we hit a reasonable time. Plenty of time to work on the players confidence in time for an assault on the play offs. 

I'd be concerned if we started to show poor form with 7~8 games left of the season.

Heres a reason to slash your wrists........

Burnley V Leeds

15:00    

Huddersfield V Blackburn

Ipswich V Wigan

Leicester V Blackpool

Millwall V Charlton

Nottm Forest V Doncaster

QPR V Yeovil

Reading V Derby

Can anyone see the rest in the mix with us losing ?

Dark days indeed....... 4th by Saturday night and Wigan can push us to 5th if they wn them all :o

For me, still the best season we've had for years, makes a change to be worried about who's above us, and not who's below us... :p

And i still think my £20 bet to finish in the top 6 that i put on when Mac came, is money in the bank .....

No need to be worried at all. It's just the cycle of fixtures.

We had the same in August and September then went on a brilliant run.

We'll keep picking up the odd point, then once we get Reading, Forest and Ipswich out of the way we'll get back to winning ways.

I can conceivably see us winning 6 or 7 in a row again before the end of the season.

Nowt to worry about at all. That's the beauty of giving ourselves that massive 9 point cushion we had, we earned the right to have a blip without it killing us.

A point on Saturday would be lovely.

Not worried.. Always had play offs as the target this year in my head.. Looks like we will get that.

Will we win the play offs? Probably not.. 

Am I happy if we miss out ? No because I love this club but I will accept it as this has been our best season for bleedin years and I can finally go to games, reasonably confident that we will have a go and I won't be asleep be half time.

The realist in me says we are not ready for the top boys yet... Next season, we should be looking for automatic.. 

When Macca came in, I said he would need 3 transfer windows, including the one just gone, before we looked at promotion.

He has massively exceeded my expectations, but I still think he'll need those windows.

Couple of decent signings in the summer to replace weaker members/unused players and we will look a hell of a force.

Then the January window to sure up or already dominant position.

The problem when your plan a gets found out, is finding a plan b. At the minute our plan b is Sammon. A fella that for all his puff, couldn't score in a brothel.

We played just as well as we did during that good spell last night - one goal would have led to a lot more. The only difference is we aren't getting the early goal which forces the teams to attack us. Bolton are no mugs they've scored 5 twice in their last 3 matches and they never looked like scoring last night. We look solid!

PistoldPete2

Burnley V Leeds

Huddersfield V Blackburn

Ipswich V Wigan

Leicester V Blackpool

Millwall V Charlton

Nottm Forest V Doncaster

QPR V Yeovil

Reading V Derby

Dark days indeed....... 4th by Saturday night and Wigan can push us to 5th if they wn them all :o

For me, still the best season we've had for years, makes a change to be worried about who's above us, and not who's below us... :p

And i still think my £20 bet to finish in the top 6 that i put on when Mac came, is money in the bank .....

Of our last 9 games of the season are against teams who we have not lost to. we won 7 and drew 2. 

So long as we are in a play off place before those games we should stay in a play off place come the end of season.

But it's not a done deal, as Ive said all along.

Burnley V Leeds

Huddersfield V Blackburn

Ipswich V Wigan

Leicester V Blackpool

Millwall V Charlton

Nottm Forest V Doncaster

QPR V Yeovil

Reading V Derby

Always a couple of freak results around every weekend. Leeds will go and probably beat Burnley for example.

Archived