McClaren and Forsyth up for awards.

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on results it would be McClaren's - 3 wins and a draw.

Great recognition for Forsyth as well.

If so, that would explain the bloody ref at Burnley - the curse striking early.

All quiet on the Forsyth bashing front.

Best turn-around since Gary Teale. 

That Teale turn-around was magical. That first half against Coventry was one of those "I was there" moments.

The day he dazzled us into thinking, for one match at least, that he was a Championship-standard winger.

But yeah, Forsyth has come on leaps and bounds since....well, that thing that happened in October which we're not supposed to talk about.

That Teale turn-around was magical. That first half against Coventry was one of those "I was there" moments.

The day he dazzled us into thinking, for one match at least, that he was a Championship-standard winger.

But yeah, Forsyth has come on leaps and bounds since....well, that thing that happened in October which we're not supposed to talk about.

Remember that game well, we should have been 6 up by half time!

To be fair to Teale was one of, if not our best player when Clough came in as manager - early doors anyway.

I think Hulse scored 9 goals in the latter part of the season, 8 of them were assisted by Teale. He never had the impact some thought he would, or should. I on the other hand never saw why everyone was against him, a bit like Coutts now in a way.

He seems to get a lot of stick, but I just don't get it. 

And yeah, well done Mac and Fozzie. I hope Fozzie gets it, would be something I never would have predicted last season, early this season or even last month. But, he has been outstanding. He has since the turn of the new year in fairness, he still has a long way to go but he keeps improving every game. 

I don't actually think Forsyth is playing that much better now than he was when he was here on loan last season.  He definitely had a rocky start to this season, but he made a big difference when he came in for Roberts last season.  The biggest change since that thing in October is that he's getting a bit of cover from having a dedicated winger in front of him, rather than the narrow style we were playing before.

Fair play to Forsyth, I've criticised him a ton but he's looked decent when I've seen him lately.

Reckon he's a real confidence player, when he's in poor form and his minds gone he looks real dog ****. When he's playing well and not scared to be on the ball he's much better. 

Still dont think he's got the brain to be a top player, but he's ok for the moment. 

Archived