Mikael Dyrestam

maydrakin

Sign him up if he can play across the back four no guarantees of barker or ob coming back and not getting any recurring injuries.

wisdom and whitbread probably gone at end of season so no harm in giving him a contract if hes cheap enough.

Ob was on the bench Saturday - must be fit (semi-fit)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After asking around I am now convinced that we should sign him. Heerenveen is after him and they surely know swedish players.

Heard he has good technique and passing ability. CB his natural position but as he is a good crosser, mobile and having good positional sense, can play well as a fullback too

After asking around I am now convinced that we should sign him. Heerenveen is after him and they surely know swedish players.

Heard he has good technique and passing ability. CB his natural position but as he is a good crosser, mobile and having good positional sense, can plays well as a fullback too

I trust this guy. Sign him.

Why not?

Ok....well

1. Cant think of many centre backs who were good full backs

2. He's turned down gotenburg, so he wants decent money and first team football

3. Forsyth has done well. Why drop for a player who has never kicked a ball in this league?

4 we have hoganson, and lowe coming through for cover.

5 £300k fee

6 bolton thought he was too unfit to play straight away

7 is he really a player we have targetted or is he just flotsam we think we can get on the cheap?

....for a start.

Stumbled upon this thread as i was trying to find news on Dyrestams whereabouts.

Being from Gothenburg and a supporter of IFK Göteborg, I thought I'd say a few words on Dyrestam.

Imo, his best assets come out when he's got the ball at his feet. He's got a good technique, and a rather good rightfoot for crossers and passing, aswell as good pace. He was most often used as a leftback in IFK.

But for some reason he has always preferred to play central back. I can't really see the reason for that, cause his positioning skills aren't great, nor are his heading or marking skills. It was not unusual for him to lose his marker when playing in defence. Though i guess one could say he's sort of a "modern" CD, being that he's fast, good with the ball, and also quite strong.

I think this is partly the reason why he refused to sign a new deal with IFK, because he wanted to play central, but got played as a leftback.

So: Offense - pretty good. Defence - not that great. Kinda reminds me of Martin Olsson (Norwich) not as fast as Olsson, but perhaps better with the ball.

It is not my intension to sound pessimistic, but few of us IFK-supporters consider Dyrestam not re-signing as much of a loss. And due to some injury-problems, in the past, he was not really a starting-11 player when he left us and far from a spot in our nationalteam.

But maybe the futures holds for something different.

Ok....well

1. Cant think of many centre backs who were good full backs

2. He's turned down gotenburg, so he wants decent money and first team football

3. Forsyth has done well. Why drop for a player who has never kicked a ball in this league?

4 we have hoganson, and lowe coming through for cover.

5 £300k fee

6 bolton thought he was too unfit to play straight away

7 is he really a player we have targetted or is he just flotsam we think we can get on the cheap?

....for a start.

Thanks

Archived