Was it a free kick?

McClarensLads

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looked like free kick from where I was, but my view wasn't brilliant.

However, in the first half Craig Forsyth drove into their box and was sandwiched by two defenders right in front of me - that was a certain penalty. That said, it's a bit academic as we'd have probably missed the spot kick anyway.

I remember Eddie Howe coming with Burnley and the put on the worst display of cheating I've ever seen to win 2-1.

I hope he's got replays that show a blatant dive. I hope it keeps him up at night and he gets sacked Monday morning.

Cnut.

Watching on the football league show he did seem to get the ball first.. However they forgot to show a few seconds earlier where Hughes was being fouled whilst he was on the ground trying to keep the ball.

He somehow managed to come away from the melee with the ball only to be met by a sliding tackle, where the Bournemouth player brought him down.. Oddly enough Eddie Howe forgot to mention the fouls a few seconds earlier!!!

The Laws of the game make no mention of 'winning the ball' - it is irrelevant.  What matters is if the tackle is careless, reckless or with excessive force.  The tackler (not sure who actually made the tackle) left the ground and lunged in, got the ball first but made significant contact with Hughes immediately after.  In my book that is a careless tackle and the freekick was absolutely correct.

And as the other posters have said, if the ref deemed it to not be a foul, he would have (if applying the laws correctly) pulled the game back for a freekick for us a few yards back anyway, as there was no advantage.

Nothing against Eddie Howe, think he's a decent Manager.

Probably not a FK, but who cares, they balance themselves out, and we won 1-0.

At this point it really doesn't matter whether it was a FK or not. Ref give it, we scored it, they lost. Done.

Used to like him until I watched that Burnley display. It was 10 minutes where even a shoulder charge brought down players clutching faces in agony.

I remember Theo grabbing Eagles on the shoulder and letting go quickly to avoid a foul... Too late, Eagles went down holding his face with Howe appealing for a free kick. Took Eagles 2mins to limp off and half a second to sprint on. Just in time for that big black lad they used to have to drop like a wardrobe.

Never seen owt like it. I love to see him cheated. I actually hope Hughes tripped over his own feet.

Watching on the football league show he did seem to get the ball first.. However they forgot to show a few seconds earlier where Hughes was being fouled whilst he was on the ground trying to keep the ball.

He somehow managed to come away from the melee with the ball only to be met by a sliding tackle, where the Bournemouth player brought him down.. Oddly enough Eddie Howe forgot to mention the fouls a few seconds earlier!!!

He didn't mention the  penalty we should have had first half either, though that might be because he knows we'd have missed that anyway...

Had a good view from NE corner, especially with my new specs thoroughly match day clean.   He probably got some of the ball in the final 'trip' but it was one of those where they'd been nibbling at Hughes as he weaved through and a foul could have been given more than once during his run...basically a cumulative foul...not uncommon to see them given.   Howe wants to concentrate on getting his strikers to score or watch Billy's post-match conferences for a more comprehensive list of excuses.

I remember Eddie Howe coming with Burnley and the put on the worst display of cheating I've ever seen to win 2-1.

I hope he's got replays that show a blatant dive. I hope it keeps him up at night and he gets sacked Monday morning.

Cnut.

There was certainly the occasional hint of that from some of his players yesterday too. A couple of them writhed in agony, waving frantically for first aid, only to be make a remarkably quick recovery soon after.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a foul, at least where we were awarded it, so it's not all bad :)

Who cares?

Probably was not a free kick but how many times have decisions gone against us and cost us. 

It all equals itself up at the end of the season.

Howe is a little cry baby. Remember that disgusting performance from Burnley that time when they dived and time wasted their way to victory. Like I said, it all equals itself up in the end. ;)

Used to like him until I watched that Burnley display. It was 10 minutes where even a shoulder charge brought down players clutching faces in agony.

I remember Theo grabbing Eagles on the shoulder and letting go quickly to avoid a foul... Too late, Eagles went down holding his face with Howe appealing for a free kick. Took Eagles 2mins to limp off and half a second to sprint on. Just in time for that big black lad they used to have to drop like a wardrobe.

Never seen owt like it. I love to see him cheated. I actually hope Hughes tripped over his own feet.

TBH, I don't remember that match at all so suspect it was one that I missed. A shame that. More often than not he doesn't come across as a **** when you see him on TV or hear him on the radio - guess everyone's prone to it from time to time. Except Shteve of course - top bloke.  :)

Archived