Sir Tom Finney, RiP

ilkleyram

I'm not old enough to have ever seen him play but having once lived in Preston for several years and been a football fan for several decades, his influence on the history of the game is impossible to over exaggerate.

A one club, nearly 500 game man, never booked, England international and, by the sound of it, all round good guy.

Football, Preston and the wider world are the worse for his passing

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grew up with tales of how good Tom "The Preston Plumber" Finney was, "better than these namby-pamby spoilt brats nowadays", me old man used to say, and that was in the 1960's!

I love that the man was the Wayne Rooney of his day yet was a qualified plumber!

RIP, Sir Tom, one of England's greatest ever players. Take your position alongside Steve Bloomer, Stanley Matthews and the rest of the working class heroes of our wonderful football history.

I'm not old enough to have ever seen him play but having once lived in Preston for several years and been a football fan for several decades, his influence on the history of the game is impossible to over exaggerate.

A one club, nearly 500 game man, never booked, England international and, by the sound of it, all round good guy.

Football, Preston and the wider world are the worse for his passing

Sorted the title for you..... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Grew up with tales of how good Tom "The Preston Plumber" Finney was, "better than these namby-pamby spoilt brats nowadays", me old man used to say, and that was in the 1960's!

I love that the man was the Wayne Rooney of his day yet was a qualified plumber!

RIP, Sir Tom, one of England's greatest ever players. Take your position alongside Steve Bloomer, Stanley Matthews and the rest of the working class heroes of our wonderful football history.

rip Tom.

But, being a plumber, I'm surprised he turned up.

Archived