George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

be interesting to see his views on Thorne, with him saying his hearts not at WBA etc etc..

hopefully he has the 'well cya later then' approach 

Yeah he liked using youngsters at Spurs but I think that was just because he worked with them at the academy, like someone said earlier, hopefully he signs Carroll or Bentaleb on loan and Thorne falls even further down the pecking order

Wait? You don't have category 1 status? If he doesn't budge we should just out-spite Peace and threaten to sign every single one of your academy players!

Oh dear, you don't know the rules. Doesn't that apply to Derby?

Cat 1 academy players are allowed to move to another Cat 1 academy club on the payment of £209k, no more, no less.

So, Liverpool/Arsenal come calling and for £209k they can take your best youngsters

Err no he is not is he but well done on proving your ignorance and lack of knoledge. Good work!!

Anyway I am am leaving this championsip forum as I have Premiership things to worry about, you never know in a couple of decades it could be you?

I would be worried if I were a WBA fan too. You almost dropped out last season, you may not be so lucky next time. Want some worry beads?

Wait? You don't have category 1 status? If he doesn't budge we should just out-spite Peace and threaten to sign every single one of your academy players!

This made me laugh out loud.

How is Isaiah Brown doing anyway, great talent him. He'll go on to play for England one day.

;)

Dear baggie you best do some googling of the people who own Derby if you think we cannot afford 8mill.

You will find they could buy everyone of your players and still not have a serious hole in their bank account not that you have anyone else that would be of much interest to us.

The fact that they have chosen to play by the rules of ffp means they will not pay it but if  ffp goes by the wayside like many think it will then all bets are off

"This made me laugh out loud.

How is Isaiah Brown doing anyway, great talent him. He'll go on to play for England one day."

He who laughs last

You have just shown your ignorance as Brown was over the age limit for the £209k and it was going to tribunal. However, Albion (unlike Derby) do not do our dirty washing in public and so a deal may have been struck.

Keep going moron, you are doing well, don't let me stop you :D

Why a bunch of people supporting a PL club are so concerned about us lower league plebs is quite funny. If the roles were reversed I wouldn't really care what the lower division fans were saying.

They've just released a ton of players and their squad is low on numbers so are clearly going to need to sign a fair few people. They're probably being linked with every Tom, Dick and Harry and are still waiting to hear who their new manager will be yet they're spending most of their time worrying over a young lad who's played probably 10 games for them wanting to leave. Poor guys  :lol:

"Why a bunch of people supporting a PL club are so concerned about us lower league plebs is quite funny. If the roles were reversed I wouldn't really care what the lower division fans were saying."

^This +1,000,000

That is exactly why I came on here today, to tell you that you have no chance in signing Thorne as you are peeing in the wind.

Burnley may sign Dawson, but you won't be seeing Thorne again

"Why a bunch of people supporting a PL club are so concerned about us lower league plebs is quite funny. If the roles were reversed I wouldn't really care what the lower division fans were saying."

^This +1,000,000

That is exactly why I came on here today, to tell you that you have no chance in signing Thorne as you are peeing in the wind.

Burnley may sign Dawson, but you won't be seeing Thorne again

Ditto

"This made me laugh out loud.

How is Isaiah Brown doing anyway, great talent him. He'll go on to play for England one day."

He who laughs last

You have just shown your ignorance as Brown was over the age limit for the £209k and it was going to tribunal. However, Albion (unlike Derby) do not do our dirty washing in public and so a deal may have been struck.

Keep going moron, you are doing well, don't let me stop you :D

I wasn't even referring to that point. :rolleyes:

Just the fact, you're giving the big'un saying you're going to take all our academy players when you lot were left having a hissy fit when Chelsea came and nicked one of your best ever youth products.

I did feel bad for you lot, as I did for Villa when they lost Crowley, but I can't say I give a hoot now.

We've just released our under-21's for being *****, so feel free to have a rummage. :D

And Baggies reject undisclosed offer for Thorne

ALBION have today rejected an undisclosed offer from Derby for George Thorne – and made it clear that none of their players are for sale.

Thorne, who was rewarded with an improved three-and-a-half-year deal in January, enjoyed a successful four-month spell on loan at County last season.

Derby now want to make the midfielder’s move permanent but the Baggies are not willing to entertain any offers for the 21-year-old.

Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/club-rule-out-sales-1627638.aspx#F7mR19ZcflPJDvu8.99

I wasn't even referring to that point. :rolleyes:

Just the fact, you're giving the big'un saying you're going to take all our academy players when you lot were left having a hissy fit when Chelsea came and nicked one of your best ever youth products.

I did feel bad for you lot, as I did for Villa when they lost Crowley, but I can't say I give a hoot now.

We've just released our under-21's for being *****, so feel free to have a rummage. :D

It was one of ours talking about taking academy products Ambitious. Unfortunately this WBA FC clown appears incapable of using the quote feature so it did get rather confusing...

And Baggies reject undisclosed offer for Thorne

ALBION have today rejected an undisclosed offer from Derby for George Thorne – and made it clear that none of their players are for sale.

Thorne, who was rewarded with an improved three-and-a-half-year deal in January, enjoyed a successful four-month spell on loan at County last season.

Derby now want to make the midfielder’s move permanent but the Baggies are not willing to entertain any offers for the 21-year-old.

Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/club-rule-out-sales-1627638.aspx#F7mR19ZcflPJDvu8.99

I do wish people wouldn't call us 'County'

Excellent find! Lost all his credibility now :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if he never came on here again after that.

Well done on picking one personal opinion out, shame you didn't post all the accurate quotes. Anyway honestly good luck as I really do like Derby but it really will be without Thorne like it or not as a Championship club cant spend the kind of cash he would command. No hard feelings and hope you come up sincerly.

Archived