George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be seething if I was West brom. We have to be aware he could do the same to us one day.

For now though surely he's as good as ours. So happy.

He just retweeted a particularly angry west brom fan on twitter, no way he'll play for them again. Edit - he deleted this, but I think the point still stands.

Our only danger is being outbid, but with the manner of his outburst who would do it? Agent has played a blinder to get him football at derby next season.

I can see why it's upset some Albion fans but he's got himself a star role here. He came and starred for us in big games. We play to his strengths. He is clearly built for our system. If the belief is there then he's coming here to star in a team aiming to win the league.

Would any one of those Albion fans trade that to be a bench warmer at best in August for a struggling PL side?

Hopefully everyone gets the money that they want to pay/receive

Hahaha. Think he probably went a bit too far in the interview but, when West Brom are the club in question and we're benefiting from it, I couldn't care less.

He'll never play for them again as it sounds as though his heart's already back here in a Derby shirt.

George Thorne interviewed in the Mirror/Sunday People:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/george-thorne-delivers-west-brom-3632199

Issues WBA an ultimatum. Not sure how well advised this is but he's clearly not happy at WBA.

Wow, he's clearly peeved off.

Can't say I blamr him for speaking up really. As I'm sure everybody knows - sometimes in life there comes times when things need to be said even if it threatens the apple cart.

Good on him for having self belief and the balls to speak up.

Voted at the end of the jnterview - 62% of voters go for George playing for us. That'll do nicely.

Thorne seems like a sensible kid. He wants to play football and is ready to move after the chance to play. This perhaps means that playing and developing as a player is more important to him than the wages he will get. If he moves to Derby he might get to be a key player in Prem after just one season and the salary will be good. Better option than sitting on the bench at WBA waiting for someone to get an injury.

I can't defend him, this is no better than Toure's antics.

On the other hand I'll be ecstatic if he signs!

Dunno mate, Toure is miles up his own backside. Great player but seems a right knobber.

Thorne did perhaps go a bit too far but essentially he's been mostly honest. He wants to play a big role. He thinks he's good enough. Now he's had a taste he's not going back to being a squad player.

To be honest I bet he believes 1 year with us will put him in the PL. It'd take him a while to get a place at WBA. It's impatient and arrogant but hard to argue with

Remember Commons stalling contract talks here and hoping to get a better offer. It's a bit dirty but he had to do what's best for him.

Archived