George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

This thread has got so large its gravitational pull is drawing random crap in. 

Speaking of which, where is Boycie?

/runs

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm referring to quotes in the press by McClaren and your hierarchy.

It would have been better for all parties to conduct business out of the press, the same when Thorne threw his dummy out and went to a Sunday paper.

The only one usually publicising potential deals is the agent to drum up more interest and raise the fee and wage. Bit silly doing that yourselves IMO.

The only things I have seen from us is that it will take time to sign him. The released rejected bids were from a Birmingham paper, which would indicate that you have released info to the press.

Agree about Thorne, he shouldn't have gone to the press really.

I don't think we have been drumming up the interest, and therefore wages and fee. I think after how well he played and how well he settled with the players it was inevitable that we would be interested in signing him, I think Thorne's actions have changed how we get him, I think we may have settled for a season long loan again but now have to buy him and that has complicated the deal, which has delayed us signing him.

The one person that has messed up this transfer for you is GT, he acted like a child throwing transfer requests around like confetti, criticized the process of him signing a new contract and got Jezza a tad pissed off. When Peace has a bee in his bonnet he wont let it out until he gets his way. He cant lose and he knows it, he either gets the inflated price from the desperate club (I dont mean you are a desperate club, just that you are desperate for GT) or GT stays and we have a very very promising young player.

The only things I have seen from us is that it will take time to sign him. The released rejected bids were from a Birmingham paper, which would indicate that you have released info to the press.

Agree about Thorne, he shouldn't have gone to the press really.

I don't think we have been drumming up the interest, and therefore wages and fee. I think after how well he played and how well he settled with the players it was inevitable that we would be interested in signing him, I think Thorne's actions have changed how we get him, I think we may have settled for a season long loan again but now have to buy him and that has complicated the deal, which has delayed us signing him.

Here you go. These were before the first bid was made

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-keen-land-midfielder-George-Thorne/story-21143703-detail/story.html

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Tuesday-Talk-Fans-keen-Derby-County-sign-George/story-21143679-detail/story.html

My frustration is double. Dad knows Craig Ramage, I have repeatedly requested for Dad to call Craig and ask him if he knows owt. He won't do it because he's too proud to pander to him and thinks he's got too big for his boots since joining Radio Derby. I am in half a mind to text Craig off Dads phone pretending I'm Dad and ask what he knows about Thorne. Still unsure of repercussions tho.... Any moral advice is welcome x

The one person that has messed up this transfer for you is GT, he acted like a child throwing transfer requests around like confetti, criticized the process of him signing a new contract and got Jezza a tad pissed off. When Peace has a bee in his bonnet he wont let it out until he gets his way. He cant lose and he knows it, he either gets the inflated price from the desperate club (I dont mean you are a desperate club, just that you are desperate for GT) or GT stays and we have a very very promising young player.

...albeit a player that doesn't want to play for you, hence the transfer request.

My frustration is double. Dad knows Craig Ramage, I have repeatedly requested for Dad to call Craig and ask him if he knows owt. He won't do it because he's too proud to pander to him and thinks he's got too big for his boots since joining Radio Derby. I am in half a mind to text Craig off Dads phone pretending I'm Dad and ask what he knows about Thorne. Still unsure of repercussions tho.... Any moral advice is welcome x

You're asking for moral advice on here? Lolol

Archived