George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Isnt it always the selling club that decides the fee?

Yes, of course, but posters on here have slagged off WBA for not selling at a lower figure so Derby can afford to buy him. Some seem to think they have a right to buy Thorne

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm amazed that Derby are taking so long over this, your major transfer target and risk other teams coming in for him.

Depends on negotiating the terms and how cooperative both clubs are being. I would also say if we rushed in with bid after bid we would seem desperate, some of the fans are but the club aren't and will no doubt have kept other options open, make WBA think we have other targets as well, obviously it is about getting the best deal.

I'm not so sure about that WBA, I honestly think if we weren't dealing with a bloke who's ego is so inflated, we would have reached a deal by now.

Peace is a poor man's Levy in my opinion and he's just playing hardball because he can.

I'm not so sure about that WBA, I honestly think if we weren't dealing with a bloke who's ego is so inflated, we would have reached a deal by now.

Peace is a poor man's Levy in my opinion and he's just playing hardball because he can.

Bald man syndrome

Thing is, WBA can sense a killing in the amount they may be able to command for this fella, as they (probably?) won't have seen as much of him at his best as we have....hence most of us on here (probably?) believe that he is worth a big fee. Both clubs will be bartering somewhere in-between these two extremes (probably?), which is why it's taking so much time; and why on earth would they come out and say anything publicly at what is (probably?) a sensitive juncture in finalising whatever is to be finalised?

BTW - the probablys are people who take variously-educated guesses after considering the evidence ...and the probabilities....unlike the ITK-ers (the genuines and the bull-shiners of which there are probably fewer of the former and many of the latter...probably)  

The silence from both camps suggests to me both sides are on the verge of an agreement.

I'm most scared of another team getting involved, although if Leicester or QPR put a bid in I'd imagine Derby would match it to avoid the extreme backlash.

someone talking sense

Thing is, WBA can sense a killing in the amount they may be able to command for this fella, as they (probably?) won't have seen as much of him at his best as we have....hence most of us on here (probably?) believe that he is worth a big fee. Both clubs will be bartering somewhere in-between these two extremes (probably?), which is why it's taking so much time; and why on earth would they come out and say anything publicly at what is (probably?) a sensitive juncture in finalising whatever is to be finalised?

BTW - the probablys are people who take variously-educated guesses after considering the evidence ...and the probabilities....unlike the ITK-ers (the genuines and the bull-shiners of which there are probably fewer of the former and many of the latter...probably)

We've come round full circle. Look up what barter means

Depends on negotiating the terms and how cooperative both clubs are being. I would also say if we rushed in with bid after bid we would seem desperate, some of the fans are but the club aren't and will no doubt have kept other options open, make WBA think we have other targets as well, obviously it is about getting the best deal.

The statements made by your club to date clearly show you are desperate to sign him and yet that hasn't been backed up with an acceptable bid

Is there a difference between not welcoming and being rude? Or will they be treated the same

Nobody has to offer tea to the West Brom fans or offer to take their shoes and coat, so no you don't have to be overly welcoming, just would be nice if some posters stopped acting like 12 year olds. Then we might be able to take the moral high ground.

I'm amazed that Derby are taking so long over this, your major transfer target and risk other teams coming in for him.

Just found out why the long delay re George signing, Mr Peace was waiting for the plain brown envelope from Rushie.

School boy error by our Sammy, don't your lot always sing " BUNG BUNG baggies baggies " at every match! ;-)

Archived