George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very confident that there's a pleasant, yet buttery taste to Jura. And whilst a Cragganmore is worthy.and I've a fondness for Glendronach. A Lagavoulin 16 is the mutt's nuts :). Well unless you're on footballer's wages.

Haha now your talking! I'm also a fan of Balblair, and the only blended whiskey I can drink is called Monkey Shoulder, lovely and smooth

Haha now your talking! I'm also a fan of Balblair, and the only blended whiskey I can drink is called Monkey Shoulder, lovely and smooth

Lagavullin, Talisker, Dalwhinnie, Laphroiag, Glenlivet....

Wow, what a lot of ****** on here this evening. This one made me laugh.

You're entitled to your opinion, but when you're opinion is that Mackworth Ram is a liar and / or attention seeker, he's got a right to get offended and defend himself.

In two weeks time we'll either have signed Thorne, and Mackworth Ram will have been proven right (although you might argue that's just another educated guess ie if we're ever likely to sign him, it's a fair guess that it'll be in the next couple of weeks). But such accuracy on other deals would lead me to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Or we won't have signed Thorne, and he's talking ******.

Either way, what harms it doing? Why try and call it out at this time. You can either gloat in two weeks, or he can gloat in two weeks, but if he is the font of all knowledge, pissing him off now isn't going to help anyone.

There's no point asking him questions trying to catch him out. He's clearly only relating the information he knows. Why would he know why this isn't classed as tapping up? Why would he know why his source hasn't heard about other signings? His source might just be a cleaner who here's bits and bobs in the corridors, for all we know. Chinese whispers might lead to certain inaccuracies, but we live tit bits like this. And if we're just going to slag off or question everyone that is willing to pass them on, then we're not going to learn much.

Fair enough, that could lead us open to abuse by anyone looking to make up any old ****. But, like any medium, they'd soon be found out when their predictions didn't come to fruition. So far Mackworth Rams have all come to fruition with a more than acceptable level of accuracy, and he should be given the benefit if te doubt until it's proved otherwise.

Meanwhile, if we were to pay

How can we agree terms with Thorne before we've agreed terms with the club? That's tapping up no?

You're being very naive with this comment haha. Every transfer starts with a chqat with their agent to see if its a deal worth pursuing. Besides Thorne was on loan with us so Rush probably sat down with him before he left.

Archived