Birmingham City v Derby County

sage

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gutted beyond belief, HOW did they score 3? We played better than we did at Wigan, should have scored 5 at the very least. Astounding.

Think we were spoiled earlier in the season. We'd have 6 shots on goal and score 3. At the moment, like Yeovil on Tuesday night, we're having 30+ shots on goal to get those 3 goals. Just need to be a bit sharper up front again and take the chances, or most of them, when they come. 

Would probably have taken a point beforehand, although would have wanted 3 obviously. Losing two points in that manner is disappointing, but it's another game undefeated and another point picked up on the road. 

Just need to tater QPR next week now, which is definitely possible, their defence looks very dodgy.

Winning at home and drawing away is playoff form.

However it's not automatic.

Simples

17 games left, 8 wins is 24, plus 9 is 33....that would leave us on 85, I'd put money on that being enough to finish 2nd

Second place this season will be in the 90s.

Doubt it, it's only happened once in the past decade I think, and if we are winning the home games that's 3pts from qpr :-)

We have these:

Grant - very good season so far

Wisdom - too good for championship

Keogh - was badly missed when injured

Bucko - God

Forsyth - playing very well atm

Eustace - good season so far

And this:

40 conceded, one less than mighty Yeovil.

Feels like someone is lying and I'm sure it ain't members from this forum. Someone better call to FA, get our goals against column how it should be.

the sickener was the corner for macheda's goal was a **** corner that worked out somehow. not great view for their goals but grant was scampering for the 1st, hendrick ****** up for 2nd he wasnt on it at all when he came on. i still thought we would knick it with the fk at the end! id like to see whitbread now as cant keep lettin this happen and im afraid for bucko.

What on Earth is going on with our defense. It is clear to everyone that we are not stable or comfortable at the back. Even Yeovil had 3 men forward when we were taking goal kicks, applying pressure. The back line to me looks incredibly uncomfortable under any sort of pressure. They literally have 2/3 of an acre to pass the ball around but cannot. Stick them on a 5 a side pitch and get them passing and comfortable in tight spaces. 

I didn't go so I can not comment on today's match. But I am glad we have signed Thorne. Playing a DM it is inexcusable to concede the amount of goals we are. Some people on here rave about Eustace but I am afraid you are looking at the wrong parts of his game. Remember how Cisse played. That is exactly how our DM should play week in week out. 

Archived