The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leicester Launch Bid for Jack Hobbs

Leicester City have launched a bid for Hull City defender Jack Hobbs, Sky Sports understands.

Hobbs has just returned from a hugely impressive loan spell at Nottingham Forest who wanted to secure his signature on a permanent deal - but they have failed to agree terms with Hull.

The Tigers recalled Hobbs last week to cover for an injury to James Chester, but the centre-back is now set to leave this week.

Steve Bruce has confirmed that both Reading and Wigan have been given permission to speak to Hobbs, who is out of contract at the KC Stadium at the end of the season.

However, Leicester have now entered the race and made a bid for the 25-year-old.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/11727/9137874/transfer-news-leicester-launch-bid-for-hulls-jack-hobbs

Because you're Nottingham Forest and you don't do the playoffs. 

Let's be fair here, if someone gets you in the SFs then it's as good as a bye for them. Personally, I'm really hoping that it's us. Obviously assuming that we don't get second of course.....

Birmingham had lost three times in the play-offs in succession before winning them in 2002. Ipswich lost four times in a row before winning them in 2000. The past does not equal the future and the previous defeats have no relevance whatsoever.

You are much better off being a lucky team rather than a good team over the three games.

Also agree about Sky ruining football in this country, I will never subscribe to Sky. I hate them moving games around and never taking into account supporters.

Birmingham had lost three times in the play-offs in succession before winning them in 2002. Ipswich lost four times in a row before winning them in 2000. The past does not equal the future and the previous defeats have no relevance whatsoever.

You are much better off being a lucky team rather than a good team over the three games.

Also agree about Sky ruining football in this country, I will never subscribe to Sky. I hate them moving games around and never taking into account supporters.

You're mistaking my tongue-in-cheek comments for seriousness.  ;)

That being said, I'd still be happy for us to get you in the playoffs if we both end up in them.  :p

If Hobbs' wage demands are excessive then it is understandable why we are dragging our heals over this one.

Competing against Reading and Wigan who are both benefiting from parachute payments as well makes it more difficult. Maybe Fawaz will meet them if Hobbs looks set to go for another club?

Kelvin Wilson is still out and Collins and Halford are not anywhere near Hobbs' level.

If Hobbs' wage demands are excessive then it is understandable why we are dragging our heals over this one.

Competing against Reading and Wigan who are both benefiting from parachute payments as well makes it more difficult. Maybe Fawaz will meet them if Hobbs looks set to go for another club?

Kelvin Wilson is still out and Collins and Halford are not anywhere near Hobbs' level.

Think he knew full well he was going to another club if you didn't agree terms. Think that ship has sailed. Just admit Fawaz has sold you a dummy.

You're mistaking my tongue-in-cheek comments for seriousness.  ;)

That being said, I'd still be happy for us to get you in the playoffs if we both end up in them.  :p

Fair enough, must remember to take banter less seriously!

I don't think either team is good enough for automatic promotion, we will be both there. Impossible to predict what will happen though!

Even if we do go up the thought of paying through the nose to watch a side struggle all season is not appealing. Being a decent Championship side is pretty enjoyable, struggling in the Premier League would not be.

Leicester going up is a foregone conclusion at this point IMO. 

Second though, I think there are probably 3/4 sides that are in with a shot. It should be QPR, but let's hope that Harry manages to balls it up. If they do then again, there's 3/4 sides that could take advantage.

Premier League - combination of Sky and uncontrolled spending has ruined it. In terms of competitiveness the Championship is far better. Go up and it's just a case of whether you can avoid the drop.

Leicester going up is a foregone conclusion at this point IMO. 

Second though, I think there are probably 3/4 sides that are in with a shot. It should be QPR, but let's hope that Harry manages to balls it up. If they do then again, there's 3/4 sides that could take advantage.

Premier League - combination of Sky and uncontrolled spending has ruined it. In terms of competitiveness the Championship is far better. Go up and it's just a case of whether you can avoid the drop.

Agree on all the above.

Even if you avoid the drop on 40 points, that would still be losing far more games than winning and you would probably have a very bad goal difference as well. Not enjoyable and the ticket prices are just horrendous.

I am contemplating on whether to buy an away membership for £35 which will guarantee me a ticket for the March 22nd game. Combined with the ticket price it is a pretty expensive do but I really want to be there!

Agree on all the above.

Even if you avoid the drop on 40 points, that would still be losing far more games than winning and you would probably have a very bad goal difference as well. Not enjoyable and the ticket prices are just horrendous.

I am contemplating on whether to buy an away membership for £35 which will guarantee me a ticket for the March 22nd game. Combined with the ticket price it is a pretty expensive do but I really want to be there!

How many away members do you have? Only 2700 tickets available so it might not be guaranteed.

How many away members do you have? Only 2700 tickets available so it might not be guaranteed.

The girl on the phone said that it should guarantee a ticket. I have been to a fair number of away games as well.

I do not think we have yet managed to muster up a good performance though at your place so it may be worth just taking a chance on a ticket or watching on Sky.

Archived