The demise of Forest

ladyram

I never thought Rhodes or Long were realistic options. Had we really wanted Wells then we would have stood a good chance of getting him but I never really heard us bidding for him.

If he can hit the ground running then he will make a massive difference.

His nicknames the terrorist...let's hope everyone around him has the legs too hit the ground running

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt you would be going for Wallace and Fox. That wouldn't make any sense.

As for Djebbour. Showed promise about 5 years ago and never materialised. Should imagine he will be ok, but depends if he can hack the division.

I hope he is better than the last striker signing from Olympiakos; Derbyshire!

Jordan Rhodes was never realistic, getting a striker with such an impressive record (his recent loan spell was not great though) can only be a good thing and I am sure he will be better than our current crop of strikers.

We have also had a bid rejected for Lee Wallace, I know little about him but the left-back position has been problematic for around 10 years (!) and on paper he looks better than what we have.

Interesting that forest man city of the midlands couldn't meet a valuation for a scottish third division player.  :rolleyes:

Everyone knows my love affiar with stats, so here we go (this is for their new centre back Gomis btw)

A few that Derby County fans will like...

Kevin Gomis - 31(6) appearances in 3 years of football.

• 32 aerial duals won in 3 years of football, 73 battles attempted - which states he is more than likely prone to losing his aerial battles (43.83% win rate) in comparison to our boys (based on their games this season, keogh 23 Buxton 28 games played)... Keogh 100/144 (69.4% win rate) and Buxton 133/196 (67.85% win rate)... bearing in mind this is in less games as well.
  • Clearances: Gomis has made 154 clearances in 37 games, Buxton has made 294 in 28 games and Keogh 254 in 23 games.
  • On WhoScored it cites one of his weaknesses as concentration. Whereas that trait is in both Keogh and Buxton's strengths. Buxton isn't cited with a weakness (as you can probably guess) and Keogh's only weakness is tackling.

Aside from that, he doesn't look bad really. Stunningly average by all accounts, but his inability to battle in the air could prove costly.

Everyone knows my love affiar with stats, so here we go (this is for their new centre back Gomis btw)

A few that Derby County fans will like...

Kevin Gomis - 31(6) appearances in 3 years of football.

• 32 aerial duals won in 3 years of football, 73 battles attempted - which states he is more than likely prone to losing his aerial battles (43.83% win rate) in comparison to our boys (based on their games this season, keogh 23 Buxton 28 games played)... Keogh 100/144 (69.4% win rate) and Buxton 133/196 (67.85% win rate)... bearing in mind this is in less games as well.
  • Clearances: Gomis has made 154 clearances in 37 games, Buxton has made 294 in 28 games and Keogh 254 in 23 games.
  • On WhoScored it cites one of his weaknesses as concentration. Whereas that trait is in both Keogh and Buxton's strengths. Buxton isn't cited with a weakness (as you can probably guess) and Keogh's only weakness is tackling.

Aside from that, he doesn't look bad really. Stunningly average by all accounts, but his inability to battle in the air could prove costly.

comment is futile..............

2 signings yesterday and only the brief appearance from Tiger. Tells me everything I need to know about these players when even the Forest fans are struggling to come on and tell us how they will walk the league now.

TBF, they're probably all still wondering how Hobbs transmogrified into Goal-mis, and Rhodes/Long became Ramalamadingdong....

Boom Sheikhylucrelacka?

BD just needs another 3 or 4 stellar signings now to completely disrupt the squad's 'togetherness' and to screw up the rest of their season. Preferably including huge bonuses for the new guys.

Archived