The demise of Forest

ladyram

Very frustrating to see the league table at the moment, but it will sort itself out eventually as the cream rises to the top. I thought yesterday's passing stats were revealing.

While Derby had 684 passes, only 75 were "long balls". That's 11%

The Trees played 335 passes (less than half our number), but a whopping 94 were big punts forward. That's 28%!!!!

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here my serious review of the game.

The referee was a definite 'homer' gave everything to them. Britt and Antonio were wrestled to the ground at every opportunity. I dare say they were more dirty than your lot.

One chance for Britt which should of been a def goal. A poor header in the end. And an half chance header towards the end of the game.

They had a couple of good chances and a draw was a fair result.

We are missing a forward thinking centre midfielder. IMO we need to put lansbury at the side of Tesche and play pato behind Britt.

Roll on Brighton another team in the bottom half.

Being serious for a moment, what do you expect of this season based on the opening few games. Do you expect results to slip? Performances to improve and results continue or do a Burnley and play ugly but be extremely well drilled and effective

Being serious for a moment, what do you expect of this season based on the opening few games. Do you expect results to slip? Performances to improve and results continue or do a Burnley and play ugly but be extremely well drilled and effective

If I was honest, I suspect we play in a Burnley style.

We haven't looked anything other than good at the back, with Mancienne in.

We look lethal with Assambolonga

But there is nothing pretty about it.

So I think it could go either way, In all our matches the other teams have all had good spells, but our defence has held out.

Seriously

I hope performances improve as we don't seem to be able to play a full 90 without defending with backs against the wall mentality.

We give the ball away too cheaply for my liking which normally means the above happens. Having said all that we are top an not playing fantastic, we seem to be doing enough and being clinical infront of goal with a solid defence.

For the season I expect a minimum top 6 which I think will be easily achievable IMO.

Automatic is also a distinct possibility although I expect Norwich to eventually walk it.

I consider myself quite fair, can anyone deny me that? I believe we'll finish above Forest, I also believe we'll be inside the top three. 

I believe Forest will finish inside the top six, not comfortably, but they'll do enough. 

At this stage of the season you've got to look at performances rather than results, it all evens itself out. Results like the one Cardiff got don't happen too often. It's an anomaly. It can only be put down to an act of god. 

Here's to a good season for both teams. 

Archived