The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could understand Forest selling them, but wanting them back? I don't get.

Darlow is good for a mistake and whilst he may be their best keeper at present, I think they would have been better off signing Kuszczak and getting rid.

Lascelles is no where near the standard of Hobbs or Wilson and I fancy Mancienne to be better than him too.

They've played a blinder here, but messed it up by loaning them back.. :lol:

I agree

I don't want them back either

But the proposed 3m for Lascelles is barmy. Whether you think he's worth it or not we shouldn't be selling at this price. That's the only thing that doesn't ring true about this whole thing.

Apparently 4m been rejected last month from QPR and Pearce said only silly money would prize him away. Something don't add up.

I agree

I don't want them back either

But the proposed 3m for Lascelles is barmy. Whether you think he's worth it or not we shouldn't be selling at this price. That's the only thing that doesn't ring true about this whole thing.

Apparently 4m been rejected last month from QPR and Pearce said only silly money would prize him away. Something don't add up.

I assume the

If they go and the money was reinvested sensibly then we would probably benefit.

Hobbs and Wilson are better than Lascelles but neither are likely to be fit for the whole season. Mancienne has really impressed at centre-back so we are very well stocked there.

Darlow is a good goalkeeper but I am sure we could replace him with someone as good (but not the potential).

Bigger clubs will always swoop like vultures on smaller clubs players.

If they go and the money was reinvested sensibly then we would probably benefit.

Hobbs and Wilson are better than Lascelles but neither are likely to be fit for the whole season. Mancienne has really impressed at centre-back so we are very well stocked there.

Darlow is a good goalkeeper but I am sure we could replace him with someone as good (but not the potential).

I'd have thought you'd of learnt your lesson after Commons and Tyson  ;)

I can't really comment too much on Lascelles - seen him have a couple of decent games and a couple of not-so-decent games for the England U-19s. He certainly didn't stand out in Billy the Coward's last match ('Custard's Last Stand') because everyone was torn to shreds that day.

Darlow has impressed on a number of occasions, but is he better than Grant? Or Roos for that matter?

Of Forest's signings this close season, Mancienne on paper looks to be an outstanding piece of business.

Sad fact of footballing life now - there are plenty of players who will happily go to sit on a PL bench than start every week in the Championship.

PL clubs should be restricted to a certain squad size, and have to include x amount of players within the squad that have come through their own academies.

I can't really comment too much on Lascelles - seen him have a couple of decent games and a couple of not-so-decent games for the England U-19s. He certainly didn't stand out in Billy the Coward's last match ('Custard's Last Stand') because everyone was torn to shreds that day.

Darlow has impressed on a number of occasions, but is he better than Grant? Or Roos for that matter?

Of Forest's signings this close season, Mancienne on paper looks to be an outstanding piece of business.

Lascelles is outstanding when he has a good partner, but when paired with Collins in a struggling team he did not stand out.

Darlow is probably no better than Grant but has the potential to be far better.

Sky sources understand that Newcastle United are poised to make a double move in the transfer market with the signings of Nottingham Forest duo Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow, although they will be loaned straight back to the Championship club for the season.

It only seemed like yesterday Pearce said that none of their good players would leave the club. Actually it was yesterday wasn't it?

It clearly hasn't taken him long to learn the language of "forked tongue" though, as I suppose they are not leaving, just being "remortgaged". I wouldn't let Fawaz run my bath.

Archived