The demise of Forest

ladyram

Anyway let's get back to the reason why we re here. I'm gonna throw a grenade and walk off Banter :) A few stats off ltlf Not that it was worth the time. I compared the Premier League records for the two. Most successive weeks at the bottom of the table - Derby 28 (2007-08 ) Forest 21 (1998-99) Best points tally in a season. Us 77, them 55. Worst points tally in a season. Us 30, them 11. Most Goals scored in a Premiership season Forest 72 (94-95), Derby 52 (97-98 ). Fewest goals sored in a Premiership season, Forest 31 (96-97), Derby 20 (07-08 ). Most goals conceeded in a Premiership season Forest 69 (98-99), Derby 89 (07-08 ). Fewest goals conceded in a Premiership season Forest 43 (94-95), Derby 45 (98-99) Average of goals scored in a Premiership Season Forest 46, Derby 39. Average of goals conceded in a Premiership season Forest 57, Derby 60 Adjusting our 92-93 season to a 38 game season to march the other seasons, both teams have an average league position of 14th. Our points average is 47, compared to their 39. Removing the clubs worst seasons points totals (to wipe out their worst season) still sees us with 51 points to their 43. Removing the clubs best seasons points totals (to wipe out our best season) sees us with 39 to their 36 points. Trying my hardest to skew things in their favour by removing the best and worst points totals for each side as they do in ice skating (if I remember from the days of Torville and Dean) our average is 43 and theirs is 42 points. Removes our best and worst (77 and 30) and theirs (55 and 11) So how is their premiership record better? Really bored with this now. Need I say more Boooooom

Very interesting! Thanks for posting that Stoners.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway let's get back to the reason why we re here. I'm gonna throw a grenade and walk off Banter :) A few stats off ltlf Not that it was worth the time. I compared the Premier League records for the two. Most successive weeks at the bottom of the table - Derby 28 (2007-08 ) Forest 21 (1998-99) Best points tally in a season. Us 77, them 55. Worst points tally in a season. Us 30, them 11. Most Goals scored in a Premiership season Forest 72 (94-95), Derby 52 (97-98 ). Fewest goals sored in a Premiership season, Forest 31 (96-97), Derby 20 (07-08 ). Most goals conceeded in a Premiership season Forest 69 (98-99), Derby 89 (07-08 ). Fewest goals conceded in a Premiership season Forest 43 (94-95), Derby 45 (98-99) Average of goals scored in a Premiership Season Forest 46, Derby 39. Average of goals conceded in a Premiership season Forest 57, Derby 60 Adjusting our 92-93 season to a 38 game season to march the other seasons, both teams have an average league position of 14th. Our points average is 47, compared to their 39. Removing the clubs worst seasons points totals (to wipe out their worst season) still sees us with 51 points to their 43. Removing the clubs best seasons points totals (to wipe out our best season) sees us with 39 to their 36 points. Trying my hardest to skew things in their favour by removing the best and worst points totals for each side as they do in ice skating (if I remember from the days of Torville and Dean) our average is 43 and theirs is 42 points. Removes our best and worst (77 and 30) and theirs (55 and 11) So how is their premiership record better? Really bored with this now. Need I say more Boooooom

Fair play for taking out the best and worst. I was about to say that our average results are surely skewed by our worst season, and isn't indicative of our overall premier league performance. But you beat me to that one.

So okay, what about the total points scored in the premier league, rather than average points. Who has spent more time in the prem, and therefore had more opportunity to collect points, goals etc. Averages are a good and important statistic, but in this case, it's totals that are really more important, because it's no good you spending 2 seasons in the prem and then saying your average is more than ours.

Another interesting stat would be to look at performance over all time, maybe looking at the Football league as one big division, with 1st place in the championship being place number 21 in the league. Then work out what the average position is. Honestly don't know what you might come up with, but it might be interesting to see.

And if you refuse to do it, I'll take that as admittance that you think it would, once and for all, prove Forest to be a pile of poo, and you're therefore too scared to do it..

Fair play for taking out the best and worst. I was about to say that our average results are surely skewed by our worst season, and isn't indicative of our overall premier league performance. But you beat me to that one.

So okay, what about the total points scored in the premier league, rather than average points. Who has spent more time in the prem, and therefore had more opportunity to collect points, goals etc. Averages are a good and important statistic, but in this case, it's totals that are really more important, because it's no good you spending 2 seasons in the prem and then saying your average is more than ours.

Another interesting stat would be to look at performance over all time, maybe looking at the Football league as one big division, with 1st place in the championship being place number 21 in the league. Then work out what the average position is. Honestly don't know what you might come up with, but it might be interesting to see.

And if you refuse to do it, I'll take that as admittance that you think it would, once and for all, prove Forest to be a pile of poo, and you're therefore too scared to do it..

Not my work

As stated extracted from ltlf forum

I put it on here as I felt we were all 'getting on' far too well and wanted to stir the pot ;) (in a nice way)

Not my work

As stated extracted from ltlf forum

I put it on here as I felt we were all 'getting on' far too well and wanted to stir the pot ;) (in a nice way)

I unfortunately don't have an account on the ltlf forum so could you reply this from me please?  ;)

"Hi guyz x  :)

Current table:

"http://speedcap.net/sharing/files/b2/e6/b2e61ce8150a2edf4e988b9e7db886c7" alt="b2e61ce8150a2edf4e988b9e7db886c7">

All time Premier League (Division 1) table:

"http://speedcap.net/sharing/files/26/10/261056afb16867892d851406fe0dc9a6" alt="261056afb16867892d851406fe0dc9a6">

Since it became the 'Premier League' (1992)

"http://speedcap.net/sharing/files/63/38/633871b618ca08e55500262e543a3b51" alt="633871b618ca08e55500262e543a3b51">

All English divisions:

"http://speedcap.net/sharing/files/40/94/40947feaf3af1517190224a95d2aaa68" alt="40947feaf3af1517190224a95d2aaa68">"

Isn't it interesting after all those matches over all them years Look how close the two clubs are unbelievable really when you think about it

No, stop it, we're still getting on. so, for the sake of banter: "Your sh-it, ahhhhhhhh!!"

PS Well done Cam.

Not content with xenophobic remarks I'm now being subjected to homophobic innuendos as well.

Where are the mods ;)

I think the implication was that you are a jolly chappy, always happy, looking on the bright side of life with a tendency to suffer regular falls, usually resulting in landing on unfortunately-placed cucumbers

Just said on BT Sport that Lansbury has fractured his back and is out for three months. Big blow for Forest!

I was talking to a gump at the lads football training last night and we both agreed of they lost Reud and/or lansbury then they may struggle to be as fluid or creative

And what are they doing in training? One broken Kneecap and a fractured back - is the terrorist terrorising his team mates?

Just said on BT Sport that Lansbury has fractured his back and is out for three months. Big blow for Forest!

Bloody dangerous, shifting fridges when you don't know how to do it properly.

Archived