The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Owe money to us now as well... whats going on? thought they were loaded?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/derby-county/10749761/Derby-County-make-official-complaint-to-Football-League-over-unpaid-85000-bill-from-rivals-Nottingham-Forest.html

Derby County make official complaint to Football League over unpaid £85,000 bill from rivals Nottingham Forest Two clubs are rowing over a payment related to ticket money from their meeting at the iPro Stadium last month

Some teething problems with a new administration is inevitable but something is quite clearly amiss behind the scenes.

Its incompetence rather than trying to get out of paying anyone.

Some teething problems with a new administration is inevitable but something is quite clearly amiss behind the scenes. Its incompetence rather than trying to get out of paying anyone.

Sooner or later incompetence becomes criminal negligence

I think we're a fair way from you have having to take NFFC to court for the money. The administration of the club clearly needs looking at urgently.

I wonder if NFFC have paid Ipswich for the game on the 29th? The 7 day deadline has passed.

It appears that the club don't know how much money they have, how much needs paying out, how much is coming in. Why else would they need to carry out a reconciliation and not be able to pay until the accounts are finalised?

I think that there will still be more to come out - especially with rumours that non-football staff are being paid late on a routine basis.

To tell the truth, I'd like us to help our Forest friends out. I look upon them as a long-lost cousin who was a playmate when we were little, but since he fell on hard times he has become a smelly old alcoholic meths-drinking tramp who shouts at the traffic

I think we're a fair way from you have having to take NFFC to court for the money. The administration of the club clearly needs looking at urgently.

I wonder if NFFC have paid Ipswich for the game on the 29th? The 7 day deadline has passed.

No that's Le Bistro's job

Didn't we have some problems during the golden years of Cloughies tenure. The administration got overwhelmed with the huge surge in interest. Wasn't Stuart Webb involved? Hazy memory.

To tell the truth, I'd like us to help our Forest friends out. I look upon them as a long-lost cousin who was a playmate when we were little, but since he fell on hard times he has become a smelly old alcoholic meths-drinking tramp who shouts at the traffic

Mind you though, by 'help them out' what do you mean. You might want to help out the 'smelly, old meths-drinking tramp' and be the better man, but you still don't really want to see them get back on their feet enough to be more successful than you. You don't want to see their rags to riches story in Hello magazine after they pass you by.

I'd like to help them out. I'd like them to forever know it was us who bailed them out. I'd like them to be forever in our debt. Talk about taking the high ground. But by helping them out, I mean saving them from administration so they can continue to be a Championship / League One club.

Like giving the tramp enough money for some clothes from the Charity Shop for his interview at the local Aldi, where he can happily potter about as a reformed and useful member of the society.

I think my analogies start to disappear up their own arse after a while, so I'll stop there.

Didn't we have some problems during the golden years of Cloughies tenure. The administration got overwhelmed with the huge surge in interest. Wasn't Stuart Webb involved? Hazy memory.

Maybe, but the only 'huge surge of interest' here is the comical spectacle. The irony, their money problems get people grabbing for the popcorn, but they don't have the infrastructure to sell all that popcorn, so more people come to watch them slowly drown, and they start asking for candy floss to go with their popcorn.

It's better than Game of Thrones.

... no, I take that back. Game of Thrones is ******* awesome.

An earlier poster (King Kevin?) metioned posts by a Jimmy Gordon on a Forest forum.

Here's a quote from one of them.

Off the field we owe everybody who deals with us as much money as we have been able to get away with. And the people who we owe money to including other clubs have to threaten us with legal action to get paid. That's a fact you have to take as being true if you want to see things from my point of voew.

I have a friend who is owed next to nothing by Forest in the bigger picture - just under £1k - luckily he's a Forest fan so I've told him just say you will accept season tickets instead of being paid and they will snap your hands off and then make sure they don't ever have anything off you again without being paid on delivery.

Sad state of affairs when that's the way you end up having to settle a bill with the team you've supported for so many years but that's what he's organising with them.

Forest don't do corporate dinners any more because all the suppliers who they would normally ask to have a table at the dinner we owe money to that they would laugh at them when the commercial team ask them if they want to buy a table for the dinner.

Fact.

Sad state of affairs.

Reminds me of a mate who went to the opera in Moscow. They were so keen to retain their currency he was given change in chocolate coins.

I have a friend who is owed next to nothing by Forest in the bigger picture - just under £1k - luckily he's a Forest fan so I've told him just say you will accept season tickets instead of being paid and they will snap your hands off

Hardly a friend that, telling him to take Forest season tickets? Doesn't sound like a fair deal

Really think they need a protest group of some sort starting up. Because next season the fans won't turn on Psycho..... They will ALL turn on Fawaz. Looks like the start of it already.

Too be honest I like winding them up as much as the next man. Truth is if it really did go pear shaped it's the fans I feel for..... And I mean any club in general. I would quite happily stand side by side with them to help them get there club back.... I e little fundraisers etc.

I still hope they go down though :p

Archived