The demise of Forest

ladyram

We have signed one Middle Eastern player who was good enough to sit on the bench a number of times. To be honest he had no adverse impact on the team so I do not see what the issue would be there.

At this stage of the season you just need players to hit the ground running and slot in.

Good enough to sit on the bench?

By that logic I could sign for Barcelona.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree - I was stumped when I saw Forest lose 4-1, I really was.

I thought it was a nailed on draw, Wigan had a few very key first-team players out injured too. Not to the same extent, but a player like Watson missing leaves a huge void. And their striker situation is really quite poor.

And it's exactly that. It's a well known fact when Billy Davies left, Preston had a massive rebuild job at hand.

I think Billy actually left Preston in good nick, lots of assets - different situation we was left in and when Paul Simpson took over, he had less than half-a-million to spend, despite shifting a million+ out.

And in fairness, Simmo took them to a point outside the play-offs, cracking job IMO

The year after they were absolutely stripped and he was sacked in November with Irvine taking over. Again, he didn't do a bad job really. Their ownership just couldn't carry the cost and the team suffered when cut backs were made.

Unfortunate, but you can see why they are where they are.

---

Also, I think talk of getting Billy Davies out is absolutely ********. He isn't the best manager in the world, but for me, if he finishes in the play-offs he has more than matched his target for the season.

Forest had top 2 aspirations, however, their actual level is top 6. That's where their budget lies and that's what their goal should be.

You should be judged on what wage-bill you're carrying. The fact us and Burnley could finish above the likes of Forest and QPR is staggering. But, so is us finishing above the likes of Bolton too.

My argument when we sacked Clough was, our realistic expectations were being succeeded - it's not a nice thought and like people say, money doesn't always buy you success but money sets your expectation level.

Whilst their is two sides in the division with a bigger wage-bill than Forest then they shouldn't be expected to finish in the top two. As long as they make the play-offs then, it will be all fine.

The only sensibler poster on here, until Red Dawn gets back

Dispatches tonight, 8pm Channel 4

One of the games featured is supposed to be Leicester v Forest

That does not surprise me, I have heard lots of racist chanting from ignorant Forest fans at most Forest Leicester games.

Some people who attend games really are moronic.

That does not surprise me, I have heard lots of racist chanting from ignorant Forest fans at most Forest Leicester games.

Some people who attend games really are moronic.

That "you used to be English, you're not anymore" stuff though? Can't believe that made the news.

They were saying it was Forest's take on "Leicester's large Asian community"

Asian community.

ASIAN community.

ASIAN

The news report was about as racist as that chant.

Most if it is a desperate hunt to find racism. They want racism to be a problem. It isn't.

The only sensibler poster on here, until Red Dawn gets back

Seeing as he posted on LTLF today, and for 'post' read 'incoherent rant', I wouldn't hold your breath.

In the last 12 months you know how many rascist chants I've heard ?

Zero

In domestic games I don't really remember hearing any in 12 years never mind 12 months. A bit different on the international scene though.

In the last 12 months you know how many rascist chants I've heard ?

Zero

Me neither. Not for years.

I heard a few lads try "you're just a town full of paki's" to Leicester fans. That was years ago. It didn't catch on and that's pretty much it for as far as I can remember.

Unless we count the English v Welsh/Scottish sides?

You've gotta look for it to find it. Which would suggest there's no problem in football? I don't listen out for things I can pretend offends me though.

How 'racist' is that though? I think there are two possible definitions of racism. The first one, which in my opinion is the 'true' one is to acknowledge that there is such a thing as 'race'. To talk about different types of human beings.

The second one, which is the common understanding, is to acknowledge the existence of races and then to suggest that there is something bad or wrong associated with one race or other.

Even by that second definition 'a small town in Asia' isn't saying there is anything wrong in it and it isn't aimed at the Asian in Leicester 

The Adebeyor chant was definitely racist though  

Seeing as he posted on LTLF today, and for 'post' read 'incoherent rant', I wouldn't hold your breath.

This guy is obsessed.

The courts told you no closer than 500 metres, don't you get it?

I wouldn't say I was sensible. Coherant though mostly..

This an excellent article from the Nottingham Post: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Paul-Taylor-column-Nottingham-Forest-blame/story-20750075-detail/story.html

In a nutshell says our injuries will have an affect now on results but it also points all the poor results we had with strong sides out and we have never really looked like automatic promotion contenders.

This an excellent article from the Nottingham Post: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Paul-Taylor-column-Nottingham-Forest-blame/story-20750075-detail/story.html

In a nutshell says our injuries will have an affect now on results but it also points all the poor results we had with strong sides out and we have never really looked like automatic promotion contenders.

That's a good, well balanced article with some sensible comments attached to it. 

It would seem that even with all players fit, some people weren't convinced Forest had a settled 11 that picked themselves as is the case with most successful sides. 

Archived