Derby County v Yeovil Town

sage

I wish I'd have known he was there last night - would have hung round for a photo op with him (for the girls, you understand)  :ph34r:

Isn't it lovely though, to wake up in the morning and remember the result.  :)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why so many people are giving Buxton such low ratings. Thought he won a lot of headers, made some good challenges, played the ball out of defense well and in a couple of situations managed to not give the ball away after a short pass from Keogh. Do people still think he's ***** cause he came from Button? Hes actually a good player.

Not sure why so many people are giving Buxton such low ratings. Thought he won a lot of headers, made some good challenges, played the ball out of defense well and in a couple of situations managed to not give the ball away after a short pass from Keogh. Do people still think he's ***** cause he came from Button? Hes actually a good player.

Neither him nor Keogh won a thing against their two strikers all night. Not really sure how you can say either of them won a lot of headers.They were both poor. Buxton particularly guilty for the first goal having given it away... His criminal jogging back for the second was also irksome.

Yeah, I thought Keogh and Buxton were in particular quite poor, don't think Wisdom was great either. 

I would say Keogh was worse though, a lot of people around me were really tiring of his 'efforts' later on in the game so that has perhaps swayed my judgement. 

From what a lot of you have said then, there was plenty of criticism for Martin from that God awful ground?

"We want a 20 goal per season striker"

No you don't. You want a 50 goal per season striker that never has any loss of form. Just like you want every pass to be forwards and whenever the ball leaves our penalty area for the entire team to charge forward to the halfway like in perfect timing.

All the team want is Fooking atmosphere.

Saturday.

I'm glad we're away

I'm glad we're awaaaay

The Ipro is a shithole

I'm glad we're away.

Bring on Brum, their vile fans, empty seats and extremely interesting manager. Oh and Zigic who will pretty much guarantee one source of attack even though he's a donkey.

The moaners do annoy me too although TBF I was wanting a change at half time , bring Sammon on as we were pretty poor in 1st Half.  As Bamford was the main goal threat Martin would have been first  candidate to go off. So I was surprised Martin stayed on even after  Ward , Sammon and Russell came on. But glad he was still on in the 93td minute!. Guess it shows why Maclaren is manager and I am not. And yes, I felt sorry for Yeovil which doesnt happen often that I am sorry for the opposition. Even their official twitter account says "what a kick in the nuts that was".

Martin 13 in 38, Ward 7 in 27, Russell 5 in 21, Bamford 3 in 4, Dawkins 3 in 17, Sammon 2 in 23 (okay, only one start) and Mason with 1 in 11 (again with only one start) 

Chris Martin has started every game, nearly finished every game and scored 13 goals and created 6. only McCormack and Nugent have been more productive in the division (although Bryson has also played his part in 19 goals this season)

He will undoubtedly finish as our highest scoring player pretty much of my generation... with a good chance of having the best goalscoring season of my lifetime.

He only needs four more goals in 18 games(possibly 21 games), I'm sure he can manage it. 

Yep right on Alpha. Except it's down to us how we look after our home, the iPro. Make some noise, make it iProud.

Mr Steve McClaren has mentioned it a few times, about Fan participation. The new management team want the crowd to lift the players, get behinfd the players, support the players, make a load of noise, create an atmosphere, that the players will respond too.

If we are 4th in the league, why aren't we singing our hearts out, singing our heads off, enjoying every moment or as a majority

are we now happy in life to nit pick every performance, and look to drop our leading scorer etc.

Modern Day Football with it's modern day football fans, that just constantly whinge and moan and sit in their grounds verbaly attacking their own teams players week in, week out....I just don't get it, I don't want to get it, I don't accept it, I can't accept, why do I feel like I'm in a minority, when singing or wanting to be singing etc and why do I prefer watching the rams away from home etc? 

I just don't get it, it's like living in a mental home "One Flew Over The Ipro's Nest".......

Medication time, put the ball in the hoop big chief etc etc. Put Ward in the Ward etc.

C'mon make some noise, be proud of your football club, and the club will make you proud. Sing it loud, sing it proud and get behind your team, not against them.

Says the man who spent last night watching Liverpool v Everton on the television. 

The atmosphere wasn't that bad at all last night. Second half the fans really got behind the team, everyone sensed there was a win to be had. Sure, first half went quiet after they scored twice, that's perfectly natural.

You're never going to get a game where there is singing constantly for 90 minutes, there's always peaks and troughs.

You might prefer going away, fine, but don't give me all that hand-wringing "modern day football fan" crap when you're sitting in your armchair watching the Merseyside derby. 

Maybe people think the two centre halfs were poor as we conceded two goals. Just a thought

More so that they barely won a header all night, particularly first half, when their big tow strikers not just won the balls but were bringing them down and linking with the midfield.

On the goals, yes, maybe because Keogh's attempts to stop Miller for the second were just brushed aside (he actually just bounced off Miller, the guy's a tank) and maybe because neither (but not just exclusively them) threw themselves at the strike outside the box which ended up in our net for the first.

However, it's also worth saying they did get better second half - got in front of their striker more often to attack the long ball.

More so that they barely won a header all night, particularly first half, when their big tow strikers not just won the balls but were bringing them down and linking with the midfield.

On the goals, yes, maybe because Keogh's attempts to stop Miller for the second were just brushed aside (he actually just bounced off Miller, the guy's a tank) and maybe because neither (but not just exclusively them) threw themselves at the strike outside the box which ended up in our net for the first.

However, it's also worth saying they did get better second half - got in front of their striker more often to attack the long ball.

Miller does that to most defenders in the league, although it usually takes him about 10 shots to get one on target.

On another day we could have scored 10, we should have been 3 nil up before their first goal and their keeper made some amazing saves (by accident).

Martin 13 in 38, Ward 7 in 27, Russell 5 in 21, Bamford 3 in 4, Dawkins 3 in 17, Sammon 2 in 23 (okay, only one start) and Mason with 1 in 11 (again with only one start) 

Chris Martin has started every game, nearly finished every game and scored 13 goals and created 6. only McCormack and Nugent have been more productive in the division (although Bryson has also played his part in 19 goals this season)

He will undoubtedly finish as our highest scoring player pretty much of my generation... with a good chance of having the best goalscoring season of my lifetime.

He only needs four more goals in 18 games(possibly 21 games), I'm sure he can manage it. 

Nugent has scored what, 17ish? Haven't around 10 been penalties?

Regardless of the opposition, you can't beat the feeling and ecstasy of winning like that...especially on a rainy Tuesday evening.

Thought they did well first half, took their chances and were brave in attack...our general play was decent but lacked the killer edge.

Perhaps they should have changed their strategy and took a forward off earlier and tried to make it harder for us second half, as even in the first half you could see we had plenty of space out wide. After we threw Wardy on in a free role, we had even more space.

Agree that Bamford is not a natural wide player - his general play was quite inconsistent but like all genuine strikers, comes alive in and around the box.

Pleased that Will was back on it tonight - the lad has took abit of criticism recently - he defo needs a rest now and then, so many fans take him for granted and forget where he is in his football career. I don't think he needs to be bombing forward all the time (let Bryson do that), keep it ticking over and pick the right pass...with better players and time, he'll pick even more defence splitting passes.

Was slightly worried about taking Eustace off, as it does expose the back four but it was the right call at home against a team like Yeovil.

Keogh and Jake only really made one error apiece but were punished for them...nice to see the full backs pushing on second half - is there a stronger man than Andre Wisdom?!

Finally, very pleased for Dawkins - I have some doubts about him long-term, wingers frustrate me generally but he was very tricky to play against tonight and their highly touted right back couldn't cope.

Wait... didn't someone blame Buxton for the first goal? 

He puts in a cracking tackle, then it's Eustace duty to clear the danger and he just stands back and then puts in a halfhearted tackle.

the second one has Hughes jogging aside of the playmaker, with no intention of winning the ball back and Keogh gets caught wrong sided and then gets bossed completely by a below par league one standard striker. 

also no way should have grant been beaten there, awful goalkeeping (in that situation)

Both of them goals should have been dealt with, comfortably. 

Archived