James Bailey welcome back

Uptherams

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't base whether we need a signing or not on 15 minutes coming on when everyone else was tired.

He did look very good but I think we need to see more of him.

I agree. But surely that 15 minutes + what he does in training is better than sending a scout to watch a couple of games and the manager saying we'll have him instead. 

I said in matchday chat that my Mrs was well happy to see him come on  :p she took her head out of her i-pad for the last 15...

I also said that maybe The Mac may be able to make him into the player we always hoped he could become !   cos there were glimpses of a decent player there.... till 'something' changed ??

Bailey has always looked good in short snatches, but has struggled to maintain it. At least today's performance should have earned him some 'pitch-time' in order allow the management to really judge him. Hopefully this time he can develop into the player that we all hoped he'd be.

Bailey was always excellent. Carried Savage for a season then fell out with 'the man'.

Mind you, Mother Theresa would fall out with the man.

Be fair though, Mother Theresa was a ****.

I think Cisse will leave and ATM Bailey could look like he may be on the bench as cover/replacement for Eustace, leaving Hendrick the chance to maraud , should they be on the pitch together ?.... lets see what Mac can do with him  :rolleyes:

Good to see him back and slipping straight into the team again looking comfortable.  I was a bit surprised to see him on the bench and then see him come on.

I was a little worried what he'd be like after the injuries and not impressing anyone after having been on loan.

We the injuries we've picked up and Eustace tiring we could do with some more bodies in there.

Can keep the ball really well, and that stood out against the premiership side when in patches we gave the ball away too often. Like many said, would like to see him in the defensive midfielder role, but he really needs to leave his short back and side quiffy haircut, the spray tan and the white teeth look, on the side of the pitch and be prepared to get stuck in where it hurts if he wants to stay with this team.

Archived