(Leave) lee grant out

kenzzo

Just seen the second goal on telly.

The ball was absolutely wellied and it swerved like a mad thing. Saying that, Grant will be disappointed that he was unable to keep it out - but to blame him for the second goal is a bit much. To go even further and to say that he should be dropped or transferred on the back of it is, frankly, hilarious.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like him waaaay more than Fielding. I'd rather have a nut job in goal than someone with sticky feet. Fielding was excellent on loan but by the end I really didnt like seeing him play.

I like Grant. Good on the ball. Doesn't hide on his line.

people need to face facts that football is not geared towards making goalkeepers look good any more. Light footballs etc make all goalkeepers look daft.

Name me a goalkeeper and I'll find several howlers that your goalkeeper has made.

Basically Grant is a run of the mill average championship keeper.

No complaints today really, was half way coming out and not quite getting there for first, second was hit with pace and he was unable to keep it out. Would Cech, De Gea, and prem keepers have saved them both ? I would say yes. Thats the gap between prem and champ.

What makes a great keeper is anticipation, its how they make those wonderful saves, however with this comes the risk of mishit shots or people cutting across the ball like Oscar making the keeper look poor.

I think luck played a part today, Grant got a hand to Oscar's drive but it went in, It could of ballooned wide.  Schwarzer was lucky when he save Martin's shot that it ballooned wide and not into the net.

So I conclude I am happy with Grant as a keeper, plus when we go up this year and the following year qualify for Europe he counts as a player trained by Derby  :D  :D  :D

Just seen the second goal on telly.

The ball was absolutely wellied and it swerved like a mad thing. Saying that, Grant will be disappointed that he was unable to keep it out - but to blame him for the second goal is a bit much. To go even further and to say that he should be dropped or transferred on the back of it is, frankly, hilarious.

Spot on Eddie.

He's doing well for us.

To be fair I think grant should have done better with both goals yesterday, the first was a great ball in but grant came and got no where near, the 2nd while hit well was a tight angle and went in at his near post. He is what he is an average champ keeper, if we did actually get up we need an upgrade.

I like him but he's fairly error prone. That catastrophe at QPR is one example but there a few more.

Guess that's the problem with keepers. One mistake is highlighted much more than a strikers miss.

He's decent, and he's certainly not made our team any worse. I'm much more concerned about yet another cross/set piece conceded than I am about Grant.

Hahahahahaha. Dear lord, i bet he was one of those fans i was near yesterday who were complaining when we were playing it out from the back, 'just get rid of it' 'lump it upfield', not knowing we have been doing it all season.

the problem was, we were not playing it out from the back, Grant was rolling it out, then Chelsea were pressing us, the defender in possession passed it back, then Grant had to make a panicked clearance with a moving/spinning ball, and sometimes his weakest foot, whilst under pressure. Wasn't the brightest thing to continue doing. It needs mixing up a bit.

Archived