Do you think they would sell ?

smiffy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only when we get to the Prem will they consider selling in my opinion.

Personally, I'd be only too happy if they stuck with us for another 5 years to be honest. Much rather the way we've gone about things than a couple of other East Midlands clubs I could mention, who are no better off than us and have much less stable foundations than we do.

Only when we get to the Prem will they consider selling in my opinion.

Personally, I'd be only too happy if they stuck with us for another 5 years to be honest. Much rather the way we've gone about things than a couple of other East Midlands clubs I could mention, who are no better off than us and have much less stable foundations than we do.

Good point.

For all the money spent at Leicester and Forest in the past half decade, neither of them have anything meaningful to show for it.

Only Leicester remain above us, and I'm not sure how long that will remain the case. I wonder what our net spend has been in comparison to our East Mids rivals in recent years.

Football in the Midlands has been a complete and utter shambles in the Premier League era, and especially since the millennium - so much so, the bloody Welsh have overtaken us. I'm beginning to think the current owners might have seized the initiative with their approach.

It's not been a perfect ride and the path to where we are now has been littered with mistakes, and the path may yet not lead anywhere.

I don't distrust our owners though. That's the main thing.

They did not come for the soccer :angry:, they came to make money (silly people), I think they would sell, and without trying to make too much profit, and maybe even take a hit.

Will we ever know what they really came for? Whatever the plan was, the plan must have changed when they realised how difficult it all was.

I think they'd only sell if we were in the Prem. Wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

What's the difference between selling now or selling if we go up, do you think the would walk away with the 90mil .

I imagine they'd have a much wider pool of potential buyers if they were selling a Premiership club rather than one which might possibly be in with a chance of promotion. More potential buyers would mean a better chance of recouping their investment, though I think it unlikely they'll make a profit if they sell in the short term, promotion or not.

Maybe they want to stick around for our Champions League debut in a couple of years...

What's the difference between selling now or selling if we go up, do you think the would walk away with the 90mil .

Read that back.

It's completely different.

Attendances, TV revenue, sponsorship, audience, international opportunity, prize money etc etc

List is endless.

Read that back.

It's completely different.

Attendances, TV revenue, sponsorship, audience, international opportunity, prize money etc etc

List is endless.

What prize money?, TV money is the 90ml. wages quadrupled in the Premier.

I say they could make more money selling in a few months time if we look certain of at least a playoff spot.

What prize money?, TV money is the 90ml. wages quadrupled in the Premier.

I say they could make more money selling in a few months time if we look certain of at least a playoff spot.

It's more than £90m. New TV deal has come in. You're also discounting the money you get per place in the league.

Wages quadrupling wouldn't be concern if you were talking about selling as soon as promoted.

I hope they sell, they've had no idea about English football and I suspect they don't care. They just want to make a few quid. This is fine of course, football is a business these days. I just don't see why my club should be a money making scheme for anonymous foreign investors.

However, as some have already said, we could get even worse in to replace them, I remain optimistic we can do better though.

Everything is for sale, even my willy. All comes down to how much someone is willing to pay.

My thoughts exactly.

Hope they don't sell. For me, they don't have to understand a bit of "soccer" if they just stay away and let people who knows it take care of everything.

They've covered our losses every year and given money to do the transfers our managers wanted. There's not many better boards in two highest levels of English football.

I hope they sell, they've had no idea about English football and I suspect they don't care. They just want to make a few quid. This is fine of course, football is a business these days. I just don't see why my club should be a money making scheme for anonymous foreign investors.

However, as some have already said, we could get even worse in to replace them, I remain optimistic we can do better though.

Which is why they pay Sam Rush to run the club, who certainly does know about English football.

I've never known losing circa £10m a year described as a money making scheme and for that reason I'm out.

Archived