Do you think they would sell ?

smiffy

Same with Sam Rush. You don't think everything he does is to improve his CV?

But the better his CV, the better we must be.

Although why you'd choose football to try and make money...?

24 teams in the Championship. All losing out and only 3 can get paid each year. Every year there will be 3+ teams that have a financial advantage from parachute payments. Not to mention the spending power of a Leicester.

Guess people like a gamble. Be nice if you can gamble millions of pounds.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why people just assume that when we go up they're going to sell up.

Why would they sit it out through all the bad times and sell up when it starts getting good?

I don't think any of them need the money enough to cash in at the first chance.

If we went up and they sold for, say 60 million, it's not a great deal of money when split between the 5 or 6 investors anyway, they've put in far more than that.

They say they're in it as sports fans, so surely the chance to go to Old Trafford and the Emirates etc would be attractive to them.

Everything is for sale, even my willy. All comes down to how much someone is willing to pay.

I'm uncomfortable that Tricky 1884 'liked' this comment.

I don't get why people just assume that when we go up they're going to sell up.

Why would they sit it out through all the bad times and sell up when it starts getting good?

I don't think any of them need the money enough to cash in at the first chance.

If we went up and they sold for, say 60 million, it's not a great deal of money when split between the 5 or 6 investors anyway, they've put in far more than that.

They say they're in it as sports fans, so surely the chance to go to Old Trafford and the Emirates etc would be attractive to them.

So tell us how much have they put in ?

I hope they sell, they've had no idea about English football and I suspect they don't care. They just want to make a few quid. This is fine of course, football is a business these days. I just don't see why my club should be a money making scheme for anonymous foreign investors.

However, as some have already said, we could get even worse in to replace them, I remain optimistic we can do better though.

What they have done in the last 12 months is make the right decisions for the club. The appointment of Rush, then the difficult decision over Clough, the appointment of McClaren and his team right through to the appointment of Chris Evans as head of football operations have all served to get the club moving forward.

Don't worry he hasn't made a bid yet, think he's one of those time wasters so it's still up for auction if you're interested

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fiver?

Here's another thought. At least two of our board describe themselves as Philanthropists, giving money to good causes. I'm not trying to be funny saying we are a good charity case just that some of these guys are seriously loaded and may stick with it for the buzz as much as making (more) money. I wouldn't assume for a minute they are worried about a quick sale.

Best run in 20 years, 3 points off top, a real buzz around the place and yet people want to discuss the board's motivations and nitpick their finances! We're a funny bunch we are.

We're frightened.

Hold me...

Santa if you're reading, I want a Derby fan from Derby that loves his football and will buy Derby County, pump millions into the club each season without wanting anything back. He must have a money tree at the end of his garden as our expectations will grow each season, we want that 3rd star before Forest and remember...he can't want a penny out of the club this isn't a business.

P.S if must be a real Derby fan born in Derby, no Americans or any other nationality, English only and the same for his family tree. Cheers.

Archived