Do you think they would sell ?

smiffy

I Remember watching a program about foreign owners and the reasons they invest in clubs, 

it was saying the most of the time its for protection to make them known world wide and for them to become a household name. 

Maybe some of our owners see it as beneficial in other ways to own sports teams. 

It must be handy if when in america you can drop oh well I own the mighty rams when your in the uk, you can go and watch one of the best passing teams in the world lol

what I am getting it is there must be a lot of advantages to the super rich of owning sports teams that we arent privy to. 

you dont get that rich owning loss making businesses and running them long time

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can anyone answer; To my knowledge we dont know the full list of investors and therefore what the criteria would be for them to sell.

At the moment all money put into the club is a loan, so my guess would be that the minimum return they would accept is what they bought it for plus investment plus enough to cover loans, but who knows ??

Someone explain this to me please, we get promotion and get the large amount of dosh from Sky, then they sell.

Who gets the Sky money, the buyers, the sellers, what happens to it ?

Is it paid to DCFC, or GSE ?.

The money would be paid to DCFC and, if the funds are there, the owners could withdraw the cash.

Not sure if the tv money is paid in a lump sum or installments.

Good point.

For all the money spent at Leicester and Forest in the past half decade, neither of them have anything meaningful to show for it.

Only Leicester remain above us, and I'm not sure how long that will remain the case. I wonder what our net spend has been in comparison to our East Mids rivals in recent years.

Football in the Midlands has been a complete and utter shambles in the Premier League era, and especially since the millennium - so much so, the bloody Welsh have overtaken us. I'm beginning to think the current owners might have seized the initiative with their approach.

It's not been a perfect ride and the path to where we are now has been littered with mistakes, and the path may yet not lead anywhere.

I don't distrust our owners though. That's the main thing.

Totally agree with Duracell on this, (particularly regarding the Welsh) I think the greater danger at the moment is that a premiership club looking to avoid relegation makes an offer to Schteve that he can't ignore in 2014.  I would like to think that he would honour his contract, but a big club might be looking at Derby's form and licking their lips. 

Someone explain this to me please, we get promotion and get the large amount of dosh from Sky, then they sell.

Who gets the Sky money, the buyers, the sellers, what happens to it ?

Is it paid to DCFC, or GSE ?.

This is a more interesting question, as stated above it would go to DCFC, the owners own DCFC, so could use it as they see fit.

It's not as simple as that though, you don't get the full money (what is it now, 130 million?) the moment we get promoted, the TV money would be spread out over the course of the season, then there is a payment dependant on what position you finish in, which obviously comes at the end of the first season, then parachute payments which obviously come at the end of the following and preceding seasons.

The problem we found was that by the time we got any of the money we'd already gone into debt to buy players, then the increase in player wages hits you before any of the money even start coming in.

If they're thinking of selling up the summer after promotion then all they'd get is the purchase price off the new owners.

So tell us how much have they put in ?

Haven't into the figures much recently, but as Ramblur doesn't seem to be around at the moment I'll offer what I can.

I would think that by now they must have invested about £60m in total, so they would be wanting a good deal more than that to make any worthwhile ROI.  How long's it been?  6 yrs+ now?

So Prem or bust for selling up in my eyes.

If they're thinking of selling up the summer after promotion then all they'd get is the purchase price off the new owners.

The purchase price would,however,reflect the guaranteed exceptional income to come.

Haven't into the figures much recently, but as Ramblur doesn't seem to be around at the moment I'll offer what I can.

I would think that by now they must have invested about £60m in total, so they would be wanting a good deal more than that to make any worthwhile ROI.  How long's it been?  6 yrs+ now?

So Prem or bust for selling up in my eyes.

Stayed out of it mainly because of the reasons LeedsRam gave.A lot of posters go on about our high profile investors and often seem to restrict the total number to six.In reality the visible investors run into double figures and there are more unidentified.The less affluent may or may not have different aspirations to the rest,we simply don't know.

The known investment is nearer £50m than 60,but you may be right that it's now £60m,though I suspect it's still below this figure.

I think they are beginning to understand what is required to get to the Prem, and the sort

of money it will take to remain there. Its for that reason I don't see them selling anytime

soon, at least not until we are an established mid table team.

This is the only way they will ever recoup their money!

Stayed out of it mainly because of the reasons LeedsRam gave.A lot of posters go on about our high profile investors and often seem to restrict the total number to six.In reality the visible investors run into double figures and there are more unidentified.The less affluent may or may not have different aspirations to the rest,we simply don't know.

The known investment is nearer £50m than 60,but you may be right that it's now £60m,though I suspect it's still below this figure.

Guess we will.know more next week!

Guess we will.know more next week!

Assuming they're released at the same time as last year!

Anyway,as it's not a particularly daunting task,I'll go through what we know to date.On the share capital front,the overall purchase of the club (including AP's tranche) came to £16m,or near as damn it.To this you can add capital injections of £7.74m in 08/09 and £6.624m in 09/10,giving £30.4m overall for share capital.

As far as loan capital goes,a note attaching to the 11/12 accounts conveniently gives a precise total up to 30/6/12,viz £18,532,983.The directors' report for this year signalled a further injection of £3.9m in 12/13,thus giving a total of £22.4m.

Hence the known overall figure is £52.8m,split £16m purchase and £36.8m working capital (the directors' report gave this latter figure at £36.6m,and I suspect rounding has come into play).Hence to get to a current figure we need to know what has been injected this year +any additional amount (if any) for 12/13.

One thing to bear in mind is the fact that the investors dealt in US dollars,hence exchange rate considerations come into play.A good chunk of their investment came at a time that sterling was worth 2 dollars,and any sale in the current environment would net less than this rate.

Archived