Charlton Athletic v Derby County

sage

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do u know the lyrics? It was really catchy and did sound good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV9mMtq8fpo

Wouldnt surprise me if they heard Charlton fans singing it in the pub before or sumin and started it.

That's how low our support has sunk in that respect.

Fair play though, decent numbers and noise. 

Just watched some interviews. Think Ward may get some stick for his pass back that went in.

Bryson interview was good. Very arrogant in a good way. Talked about if we get the ball down we know we can hurt teams. If we'd got it down it would have been a bigger margin but we just couldn't get settled. How much better we are than other teams when we get in the flow.

It's the arrogance and freedom we always needed Nigel to install but he just showed signs of fear and too much respect to give us the kind of team we see now.

Gotta like the noises coming from the club. They aren't happy with winning. They want to win playing well and results like this are just results. Nothing more.

Just watched some interviews. Think Ward may get some stick for his pass back that went in.

Bryson interview was good. Very arrogant in a good way. Talked about if we get the ball down we know we can hurt teams. If we'd got it down it would have been a bigger margin but we just couldn't get settled. How much better we are than other teams when we get in the flow.

It's the arrogance and freedom we always needed Nigel to install but he just showed signs of fear and too much respect to give us the kind of team we see now.

Gotta like the noises coming from the club. They aren't happy with winning. They want to win playing well and results like this are just results. Nothing more.

Completely agree.

Nice to see that we're whingeing when we play badly and win. I bet the management will be too. That's how teams become successful - never being completely satisfied.

If we could play well every week, we wouldn't be in this division - let's hope we won't be for much longer.

EIEIEIO.

Nice to see that we're whingeing when we play badly and win. I bet the management will be too. That's how teams become successful - never being completely satisfied.

If we could play well every week, we wouldn't be in this division - let's hope we won't be for much longer.

EIEIEIO.

EIEIEIO

Its all been said, for me  i think that some players were off the pace today,whether it was the pitch or some other reason, Bucko wasnt his majestic self today just normal, Dawkins was more like the player i saw at qpr than the one i saw against blackpool, and was subbed, Wardy i said last week i thought should be 'rested' and showed why i thort it again today, Russell came on and showed why i think he's the better option atm.Hendrick isnt what he was yet and Bryson played a game of 2 halves didnt figure too much 1st half, 2nd became our MOM for me

But ooking at the games to come and the games for the other teams around us, if we can play( hopefully better tho) like this and win, i think by chelsea, we should be well placed in top 2 or 3.... for The Mac to make his decisions about who to bring in and who to let go, ready for the big push  :wub:

EIEIEIO

Congratulations to our support for copying and starting another new song.

Sounded brilliant when Charlton sang exactly the same song as our rendition finished.

As much as I agree with you, the fact that you mention it every after match is becoming as boring and repetitive as the songs themselves.

I've mentioned before that it would be much more constructive to make suggestions to the people trying to create an atmosphere rather than just put down everything they try.

I think its quite clear that the bunch that do the singing have very little imagination and are not song writers...so why not give them a hand?

A lot of people moan about the 'song' that's always repeated at Pride Park but its pretty much the only 'song' that other parts of the ground join in with.

Having enjoyed times when terraces were awash with banter, witty retorts and songs that became synonymous with teams I do genuinely share your frustration but I can't help but feel that you don't offer anything constructive.

Don't take this as a personal attack but its mainly you that I notice criticising our support and I think its a little unfair at times, after all how many other grounds do you visit and hear songs which are completely new and not based on something that has been sung by another club before?

Felt like a game a promotion winning team play out. Didn't think we were that good but just going through the motions always seemed enough to win. Lacked fluency in midfield without Hughes but we were strong enough without him.

Thought the two full backs were good - especially pleased with Forsyth, his improvement has been fantastic. Defensively he's solid and he's chipping in with high quality crosses.

They seemed to do a number on Dawkins, when he's on the ball out tempo increases but Charlton seemed to have two men on him a lot of the time.

Expect us to turn it on again next Saturday, but a decent enough performance to keep us ticking over.

Decent support, slightly marred by a fight between two fans which I think was about standing up/sitting down.

Felt like a game a promotion winning team play out. Didn't think we were that good but just going through the motions always seemed enough to win. Lacked fluency in midfield without Hughes but we were strong enough without him.

Thought the two full backs were good - especially pleased with Forsyth, his improvement has been fantastic. Defensively he's solid and he's chipping in with high quality crosses.

They seemed to do a number on Dawkins, when he's on the ball out tempo increases but Charlton seemed to have two men on him a lot of the time.

Expect us to turn it on again next Saturday, but a decent enough performance to keep us ticking over.

Decent support, slightly marred by a fight between two fans which I think was about standing up/sitting down.

Right about the fight. It was a guy trying (very politely) to get someone to sit down so that an older couple could see only to get a mouth full of abuse. It then got out of hand and ended up with punches thrown. The poor guy just trying to help an older couple got ejected with the loudmouth. Only good thing was the loudmouth looked the worst off after the exchange of blows.

Brilliant 3 points and absolutely incredible set of consistent performances since Steve Mc came in.

I'll never admit it was right to let NC go as I honestly do believe we would be flying under him as well, but I'm happy to admit that McClaren has got us into a fantastic position and my reservations about him look to be wrong.

I'm especially pleased at the fact Bucko is keeping his place, shows Steve picks the side on merit and not reputations.

He's made a fantastic start, got us embedded into the top 6 probably earlier than NC would have so it's time for me to hold up my hands and say I underestimated him. It looks as if everyone is fully behind him player wise and that's all i ever really cared about. Would he believe in these lads enough? Yes he did and yes he does.

We're in such a good position that it's inevitable we're going to be involved in the business end of the season.

Nowt major in January needed, just let these lads keep playing with a bit of freedom and they'll get us up.

Brilliant brilliant brilliant.

Standing up is fine as long as there's nobody sitting behind you, not hard is it.

i'm on the back row of the East Stand , they all stand there , so i have no choice but to join them , if i want

to watch the match , that is ..

:D

Archived