Away followings up to the new year.

sheepshagarmy

Looking at our fixtures up to the new year & what a great few away games we could be in for.

Bournemouth Saturday - sold-out.

Wigan - Been on sale to STH for 2 days & around 600 sold (hopefully near our 2500 allocation with cheap prices)

Charlton - Not the worst ticket prices & a good London away day. Hopefully with some good form before hand we can take 1500-2000 to this.

Huddersfield - Boxing day away game in Yorkshire should see us take a good number. Last season Huddersfield was one of our best followings of the season, should be near a sell-out behind the goal for this.

Barnsley - With the cheap ticket prices for this & cheap train tickets I've got a feeling we will take near 5000-6000 to this.

Understand it's over Christmas so could be hard for some people but most games have cheap ticket prices & some big allocations so hopefully we see a huge boost in our away followings and they go back to how they used to be (for the moment at least).

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be surprised if we take more than 1500 to Wigan.

Charlton, no cheap train tickets going this year like there was last year, so 1500 max again.

Huddersfield 3000, no train options, and Barnsley maybe 3500 or so as its closer, train and the price will make a different psychologically with fans.

B4 - I do think you are getting ahead of yourself again so just using this post to bring you back down to Derby again.

Be surprised if we take more than 1500 to Wigan.

Charlton, no cheap train tickets going this year like there was last year, so 1500 max again.

Huddersfield 3000, no train options, and Barnsley maybe 3500 or so as its closer, train and the price will make a different psychologically with fans.

B4 - I do think you are getting ahead of yourself again so just using this post to bring you back down to Derby again.

He didn't even start the thread…

Barnsley - With the cheap ticket prices for this & cheap train tickets I've got a feeling we will take near 5000-6000 to this.

Understand it's over Christmas so could be hard for some people but most games have cheap ticket prices & some big allocations so hopefully we see a huge boost in our away followings and they go back to how they used to be (for the moment at least).

just looked at train prices for this from sunny harwich  int cheapest return ticket £193 might have to drive

There is no doubt that numbers are increasing although I think the OP is a little optimistic. There are still many fans who have got out of the habit and it will take time for them to start coming back. It needs a really big away day so they get the bug again and since the announcement about cheap tickets at Barnsley I think this will see our biggest following in a number of years judging by the messages on various forums already. The word soon gets around and in true 'sheep' fashion, others follow.

Going to all four, noticeable rise in numbers at Watford and qpr already. Bournemouth is sold out. Win on Saturday and I think we'll get 2000 to Wigan. Boxing day is a big football day for me, lack of trains is annoying but where there's a will there's a way. Then Barnsley should be a great day out. Be surprised if we don't take 4000 to this.

Archived