Favourite Pride Park Moment

Stedcfc

As Pride Park as we know it is history in a few weeks what would you look back on as your favourite moment at Pride Park? Theres been a lot of pain in those 16 years but there have been some great games. 

Play off semi final v Southampton for me. Can't beat a penalty shoot out and we looked like we'd been practising them with the Germans! Every penalty seemed to be top corner.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted as I couldn't make the Southampton game. My sticking memory is in the promotion year when Dave jones scored that free kick against Wednesday.

The cup incident against florest is also quite memorable! :)

Loved that... Was it Mark Crossley in net? I remember him basically diving and catching the post instead of the bal.

I was stewarding the Southampton game and was on the touchline during the penalty shoot out, level with the penalty spot. I recall McEveley's penalty going like a blur from where I was standing!

It was such a downpour that my mobile phone didn't work for 3 days! Also, they used to give us a plastic cup with tea/coffee/hot chocolate in, which you'd take to the counter to fill with hot water when you wanted a drink, I had one in each pocket of my jacket and the rain water got through and made me two cups of rainwater tea!! hahaha.

--------------------

My favourite will always be the coffee-cup game.

I have a few games that will stick in my mind forever, dismantling Arsenal 3-0, destroying f*rest 3-0 under Burley, the coffee cup game, beating Newcastle 3-0 under Clough and then following week beating Preston 5-2.

Also have a few bad memories that I will never forget :(

Loved that... Was it Mark Crossley in net? I remember him basically diving and catching the post instead of the bal.

I believe it was Barry Roach in goal.

My favourite moment was Lee Carsleys goal in the 4-0 against Southampton, great assist by Baiano, the look on McClaren's face was priceless.

Haven't got a favourite moment as am ashamed to say I have never seen a match there,but am coming over from Spain for the Blackpool game in December,can anyone recomend the best parts of the ground to buy a seat,as am so looking forward to the game and want to have the best vision possible

My favourite moment was Lee Carsleys goal in the 4-0 against Southampton, great assist by Baiano, the look on McClaren's face was priceless.

Barry Roach never played for the Wendies.

As Dyche said above, think we all in agreement it was Crossley.

Haven't got a favourite moment as am ashamed to say I have never seen a match there,but am coming over from Spain for the Blackpool game in December,can anyone recomend the best parts of the ground to buy a seat,as am so looking forward to the game and want to have the best vision possible

First visit? I would recommend West Stand Upper to fully appreciate the stadium and the view out the concourse windows to where the Baseball Ground once stood......next visit, South or East corner for a singsong!

Thanks uttoxram for clearing that up. Yes it was Crossley for the Jones free kick, had a great view from the North Stand. Remember seeing him in Tesco next to the B2net (Now Proact, Bl00dy naming rights) when he was GK coach at Chesterfield, mentioned it to him but he couldn't recall it. Funny that as it made him look a right tw@.

Try the Directors Box, nice comfy seats and if you sit near Ram Sush you can watch the TV and keep up with other scores, alternatively you could go for West Stand Lower, Row S and Seat 120 which is right on the halfway line and in front of the Executive Boxes, if you're lucky someone might give you a doggy bag.

1st November 1998.

Rams 3-0 Arsenal

Wanchope 2, Sturridge

Arsenal finished as champions but didn't have a clue how to control the 'enigma' that was Paulo Lamb Chop.

Try the Directors Box, nice comfy seats and if you sit near Ram Sush you can watch the TV and keep up with other scores, alternatively you could go for West Stand Lower, Row S and Seat 120 which is right on the halfway line and in front of the Executive Boxes, if you're lucky someone might give you a doggy bag.

1st November 1998.

Rams 3-0 Arsenal

Wanchope 2, Sturridge

Arsenal finished as champions but didn't have a clue how to control the 'enigma' that was Paulo Lamb Chop.

I remember Sturridges goal, made Arsenals legendary defence look woeful, left them for dust.

My favourite moment was probably beating Sheffield United 2-1 at home in our first season back down in the Championship, under Jewell. Bearing in mind I missed the Jim Smith years.

That was such an important win, a massive weight off our shoulders. Can you imagine going a full year without a league win? It's incredible how close we came.

That was light at the end of the tunnel -  a sign that our decline could be reversed. I was convinced we were heading for another relegation that season, and we would have gone down if not for that little run we had through October.

I would have said the Southampton match. But that whole season, and the day at Wembley, is just totally spoiled for me by the season that followed. I wish we were never promoted. If only we'd have been as bad at taking penalties as Southampton...

So yeah, Sheffield United in 2008. I've never been so relieved with three points. And three points had never felt like such an alien concept!

One of my favourite moments!

Archived