Raheem Sterling

catram

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be happy for the coup of securing Sterling if it were to happen but it does worry me about the amount of loan signings we are making at the moment.

Considering we have two loan right backs, a loan centre half and a loan winger and we've just signed a DM on a non-contract basis I am slightly worried that the team's balance is going to be challenged soon. Add to this the fact that our wage bill was meant to be limited, are all these loans just taking funds out of the transfer kitty for January/next summer?

If we were to sign Sterling, it would be strengthening an area that is already pretty strong; we're the leagues top goal scorers and any combination of Ward, Martin, Russell, Dawkins, Bennett, Salmon  :ph34r: is going to score goals in this division. Adding Sterling would add something but do we need to add something to this area? I don't think so...

For me, the extra wages would be better spent on another left back that would provide competition for Forsyth. The likes of Hoganson and Lowe aren't experienced enough to challenge for this position and a loan signing with a view to a permanent would add a lot more to the team than any other position. Yes, the signing would have to be prepared to sit on the bench here and there but the left back role seems to be the only position which isn't being fought for...

I'd be happy for the coup of securing Sterling if it were to happen but it does worry me about the amount of loan signings we are making at the moment.

Considering we have two loan right backs, a loan centre half and a loan winger and we've just signed a DM on a non-contract basis I am slightly worried that the team's balance is going to be challenged soon. Add to this the fact that our wage bill was meant to be limited, are all these loans just taking funds out of the transfer kitty for January/next summer?

If we were to sign Sterling, it would be strengthening an area that is already pretty strong; we're the leagues top goal scorers and any combination of Ward, Martin, Russell, Dawkins, Bennett, Salmon  :ph34r: is going to score goals in this division. Adding Sterling would add something but do we need to add something to this area? I don't think so...

For me, the extra wages would be better spent on another left back that would provide competition for Forsyth. The likes of Hoganson and Lowe aren't experienced enough to challenge for this position and a loan signing with a view to a permanent would add a lot more to the team than any other position. Yes, the signing would have to be prepared to sit on the bench here and there but the left back role seems to be the only position which isn't being fought for...

Well one, this has 0% chance of happening...

Secondly, McClaren has come in and strengthened the areas that we all knew needed strengthening in the only way available at this time of the season - using funds which rush has maintained were there for months now. We all knew the defence was terrible, and Clough thought it would be fine just to patch something which was already sub par just when an injury came? Crazy.

There must be official limits on the number of 'emergency' loans a club can bring in. There are certainly limits on the numbers that can be played at any one time.

No time to chase this up but someone else will??

5 loan players at any one time in the match squad (6 if one is a goalkeeper).

Maximum of 4 from any one club

These rules subject to the fact that you are not Watford, of course

Considering that McClaren likes to play with 3 up front, this would be bad news for Wardy, Russell, Bennett, Jacobs and Dawkins. We have 5 players ready to play in the RW/LW position, all of which are very good options (we're the leagues top goalscorers ffs). No doubt he'd be an incredible acquisition but do we really need him? For long term reasons, I'd rather have JR and Wardy as our wingers, rather those two help win us promotion and have a crack at the PL than get there through loanees.

Also, Russell gets really good on fifa.

Ward who only performs for 20 minutes per game (if at all) and is virtually anonymous after minute 60, and Russell the striker/fox in the box we were crying out for three years? Your preferred 'wide men'? wow!

5 loan players at any one time in the match squad (6 if one is a goalkeeper).

Maximum of 4 from any one club

These rules subject to the fact that you are not Watford, of course

Thanks Eddie ...................thought Watford might get a mention!!

Ward who only performs for 20 minutes per game (if at all) and is virtually anonymous after minute 60, and Russell the striker/fox in the box we were crying out for three years? Your preferred 'wide men'? wow!

Ward was brilliant I thought Saturday, I'll admit he can be frustrating but can be a match winner on his day. Also think Russell looks good wide and cutting in. Ward, Russell and Martin is a strong front three. Add Dawkins and Bennett and it looks strong. Top scorers in the league!!

Liked the look of jacobs when I've seen him, now two managers who don't seem to fancy him though.

Would people really rather play ward, darkins or Russell over sterling who is an England international who has proved he is good enough to play in the prem. He is a different class and even short term would enhance our team.

No brainer for me, want the best eleven players possible to achieve the best results possible! Sterling is definately better than what we have currently. Even if it's short term it could result in points we'd not have got otherwise, could be the difference come may

No one ever said he'd be crap, but thinking long term (AKA Swansea, not Nottingham Forest) it would be better for us to stick with our TOP SCORING IN THE LEAGUE who will still be playing for us next year.

Russell's best season came from RW, we fit a 4-3-3 system really well (it's turned us from a mid-table side to an actual play-off standard side) so why would be changing the formation so he can play at Striker? He was the ST we needed LAST year, not this year. He'll still cut in and have the same effect. Did you not see the Leeds game, best I've seen him play, all from RW.

Ward who's scored 3 goals in 4 games and been our best player for a month, as well as getting 2 assists yesterday? The bloke who's been one of our best players for years?

Yes, they are my preferred wide men, actually.

Although he'd be brilliant, we're the top scoring side in the league.. Why waste our budget (which I'm guessing isn't massive until Hughes goes) on something that doesn't (as of yet) need fixing... Russell, Bennett and Sammon providing competition for Dawkins, Ward and Martin is great. Eventually I'd like to see Russell come back in, as I personally see him as our best attacker, but you really can't drop Dawkins after the way he played against Wedneday. That's what so exciting and different about this season, we have depth in almost every position minus left back...

Although he'd be brilliant, we're the top scoring side in the league.. Why waste our budget (which I'm guessing isn't massive until Hughes goes) on something that doesn't (as of yet) need fixing... Russell, Bennett and Sammon providing competition for Dawkins, Ward and Martin is great. Eventually I'd like to see Russell come back in, as I personally see him as our best attacker, but you really can't drop Dawkins after the way he played against Wedneday. That's what so exciting and different about this season, we have depth in almost every position minus left back...

I would swap Russell for Dawkins. He was ok against Wednesday but wasn't impressive. He should have scored at least once maybe twice, and if Sammon had missed that one in the 2nd half he would have been hung out to dry!!

Archived