Raheem Sterling

catram

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/articles/news/article/20059248

LIVERPOOL'S Raheem Sterling could go out on loan and some reports are linking him with a move to Derby County.

Other reports have the 18-year-old winger heading to Swansea City.

England international Sterling has made nine appearances for Liverpool this season and he was an unused substitute in their 4-0 victory over Fulham at Anfield on Saturday.

Derby already have a Liverpool player on loan in Andre Wisdom.

Liverpool's reported interest in signing Rams midfielder Will Hughes in January means any possible deals between the two clubs are billed as potential new twists in the Hughes transfer saga.

Rams chief executive Sam Rush recently dismissed any link between Wisdom joining Derby and Hughes heading to Liverpool as pure speculation.

Considering that McClaren likes to play with 3 up front, this would be bad news for Wardy, Russell, Bennett, Jacobs and Dawkins. We have 5 players ready to play in the RW/LW position, all of which are very good options (we're the leagues top goalscorers ffs). No doubt he'd be an incredible acquisition but do we really need him? For long term reasons, I'd rather have JR and Wardy as our wingers, rather those two help win us promotion and have a crack at the PL than get there through loanees.

Also, Russell gets really good on fifa.

Considering that McClaren likes to play with 3 up front, this would be bad news for Wardy, Russell, Bennett, Jacobs and Dawkins. We have 5 players ready to play in the RW/LW position, all of which are very good options (we're the leagues top goalscorers ffs). No doubt he'd be an incredible acquisition but do we really need him? For long term reasons, I'd rather have JR and Wardy as our wingers, rather those two help win us promotion and have a crack at the PL than get there through loanees.

Also, Russell gets really good on fifa.

I agree, with Dawkins coming in i'd say the LW/RW positions are maybe our strongest once Russell is back. If the money is there to get players as good as him then we should be looking at LB or maybe another CB

This story seems to be gaining a bit of mileage at the moment - quite a number of rumours surrounding Liverpool and Derby.

If we get to the playoffs, I wonder if they'd let us have Suárez and Sturridge for a couple of weeks.

This story seems to be gaining a bit of mileage at the moment - quite a number of rumours surrounding Liverpool and Derby.

If we get to the playoffs, I wonder if they'd let us have Suárez and Sturridge for a couple of weeks.

id bite there hand off.

Trouble is, so would suárez.

Would people really rather play ward, darkins or Russell over sterling who is an England international who has proved he is good enough to play in the prem. He is a different class and even short term would enhance our team.

No brainer for me, want the best eleven players possible to achieve the best results possible! Sterling is definately better than what we have currently. Even if it's short term it could result in points we'd not have got otherwise, could be the difference come may

Archived