Football Manager 2014

Dimmu

My career has taken a bizzare twist.

Was doing absolutely ***** at Derby, all my players kept getting injured lost about 7 on the bounce, so I thought fook it I'm gona resign, fook this game.

Anyways, I went on holiday and applied for every job that became available, Newcastle offered me an interview at first but rejected me and then Liverpool offered me an interview and somehow I got the bloody job! They're mid table in the prem and I've got loads of money to spend. :D

:ph34r:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally finished 1st season, ended up 13pts clear of Forest (Michael Appleton quickly turned Bill-eh's shambles around) with 92pts.

Have signed my Norwigen Int'l loanee RB Espen Lund on a perminant contract for the princely sum of £16k but I think I'll be needing another CB, CM, AMR, AML & 2 Fowards if we're gonna stand a chance of stopping up.

Any good suggestions for second season bargains???

Finally finished 1st season, ended up 13pts clear of Forest (Michael Appleton quickly turned Bill-eh's shambles around) with 92pts.

Have signed my Norwigen Int'l loanee RB Espen Lund on a perminant contract for the princely sum of £16k but I think I'll be needing another CB, CM, AMR, AML & 2 Fowards if we're gonna stand a chance of stopping up.

Any good suggestions for second season bargains???

I signed Ricky Lambert for £1.1m. Halfway through the season and he's got 20 in all comps. Albrighton is doing well for me and so is Law (an AM who I play LW) from Rangers

Had a nightmare the past few days. 

Started with The Rams and kept the squad pretty much the same, Barker came back after christmas and was immense. Russell and Sammon got 15 each and we snuck into the play-offs (Lost 5-2 to leeds on the final day to keep them up which ruined the season though.) Lost in the play-off final but thought I'd soldier on without saving and playing it again.

Exact same happened second season, finished 6th, had Huddersfield in the final and eventually beat them. Bennett and Barker were in the team of the season.

First season in the prem, had a steady enough start. Brought in Barton, Alcaraz, Commons and a couple of others, but conceded 20 in 4 games and had a ridiculously bad goal difference after 10 matches so I jumped ship before I was pushed. 

No idea where to go now, tempted to just start again at a League 2 club

Just got up to January '18 and I'm second behind Chelsea, they have only conceded 4 goals and are still unbeaten so no way I'll catch them... Good chance of qualifying for Europe though.

I had to sell my best player Alloine to PSG, as soon as they were interested he went unhappy and handed in a transfer request so was happy in the end to get 29M upfront and 10% of the next transfer.

My team at the moment is (3-1-3-2-1)

Koval, Tobio, Savic, Dominguez, Gil Romero, Ricardo Gomez, Hughes, Vitinho, Coutinho, Bernard, Jackson Martinez

Hughes and Bennett are the only original players still at the club but I think I'll sell Bennett soon, hes found his level at league 1 unfortunately  :(

Just got up to January '18 and I'm second behind Chelsea, they have only conceded 4 goals and are still unbeaten so no way I'll catch them... Good chance of qualifying for Europe though.

I had to sell my best player Alloine to PSG, as soon as they were interested he went unhappy and handed in a transfer request so was happy in the end to get 29M upfront and 10% of the next transfer.

Koval, Tobio, Savic, Dominguez, Gil Romero, Ricardo Gomez, Hughes, Vitinho, Coutinho, Bernard, Jackson Martinez

Hughes and Bennett are the only original players still at the club but I think I'll sell Bennett soon, hes found his level at league 1 unfortunately  :(

nice team of domestic nationals there.

Summer 2017 and got third place. Koval is coming as a free, but otherwise I've got different players. 4 wonderkids from Southern America who has developed nicely playing whole season. Next  transfer window should be interesting, CL games could attract some players. Man City won, I was only 9 points behind but they had goal difference about +40 better!

what would you say is the key to getting promoted and then staying up there?

what would you say is the key to getting promoted and then staying up there?

Make sure you scout all the top countries, I've got one for each and whenever a window opens look at their scout reports when searching for players... 1st January is probably the most important time to sign players, should have a better team every season if you sign players on frees when their contract is expiring in 6 months.

Try and make a possession tactic as well, I made one and kept changing it so it suits my players, I play it home and away now and made a defensive tactic for when I need to hold onto leads.

Oh and every player I've signed has the majority of it paid over 42 months, it takes less off your transfer budget... Obviously you lose more money eventually but if you get into the prem it covers it

Successful season 2017-2018.

Won PL and Capitol cup.

Lost semifinal in FA cup.

Managed to get to first knockout round in Champions league.

Now team is looking awesome, for example Rodwell can't even get to bench.

Manchester City has become bogey team. I think I've lost to them every single time so far.

Archived