Football Manager 2014

Dimmu

Currently 3rd in my first season at about this time of year. Promotion charge halted somewhat by a home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday and a series of disappointing draws. All after 5 wins on the trot. Including an almost surreal 4-0 tonking of 2nd placed Reading, with Sammon lobbing their sweeper keeper from 40 yards.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won the championship in the end, in the second season.

Signed Winston Reid (Cb, free), Jonathan Parr (Lb, £2.6m), Tiago Ilori (Cb, £0.7m), Ezequiel (ST, £5m), Deaux (DM, free), Esteban (GK, free).

3 games in and 4 points. Also lost in the league cup.

Currently 3rd in my first season at about this time of year. Promotion charge halted somewhat by a home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday and a series of disappointing draws. All after 5 wins on the trot. Including an almost surreal 4-0 tonking of 2nd placed Reading, with Sammon lobbing their sweeper keeper from 40 yards.

Yeah it's great innit, I thrashed Leicester 6-1 at home. Away, was looking at a heavy loss after going 3-0 down at HT, somehow got ahead 3-4 but drew 4-4 in the end.

I've got the best strike force in the league and the worst defence.

Second season with Yeovil is going awfully. Trying a 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation and I'm winless after 6 games. 4 draws and 2 losses. Got spanked by Liverpool 7-0 in the league cup with my second string.

Gonna give it another 10 games before I resort back to a steady formation.

Second season with Yeovil is going awfully. Trying a 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation and I'm winless after 6 games. 4 draws and 2 losses. Got spanked by Liverpool 7-0 in the league cup with my second string.

Gonna give it another 10 games before I resort back to a steady formation.

why on earth you managing yeovil?

does anyone have a different training session for pre-season?

I do fitness training for the first few weeks, then team cohesion untill the season starts and balanced for the rest of the season...

Tactics only match day training until they are used to the formation then defending set pieces because the majority of goals I concede are from corners!!!

why on earth you managing yeovil?

I like a challenge and I like the NPC so I thought they would be the best bet. Maybe should have started with a more adjustable team budget/tactics/players wise to get to grips with this years addition but I'm still learning all the same. 

Derby looks too easy, Conor Sammon on FM14 is so unrealistic it's unplayable for me. Him and Russell are spanking them in on the save I'm currently on. 

18 games into the season and i'm 15th 6 points off top 6 and 6 off the bottom 3.

Considering I lost my first 4 games, and lost 3-0 to Forest, I've turned it around quite well. Mainly due to the fact that Conor Sammon is an absolute goal machine with 12 goals in 15 starts. Martin, Russell and Ward have got 2 goals between them.

I think it's probably the most realistic in terms of what kind of squad you've got and comparing that to the rest of the league.

Although Yeovil seem to be doing really well, as do Bournemouth.

Formations and match instructions are very important, get it wrong, performances are rubbish.

One game left, i'm gonna finish about 11th. Leeds is the final game they are in 6th, 2 points clear of 3 teams so if I beat them they probably won't make the play offs. 

Sammons got 25 goals in the league, and that's despite going on a 10 game drought and being questioned by 'former rams favourite' Ben Davies, who has piped up a lot this season since I sold him to Blackburn right at the start of the season.

If I get a decent left back in i'll get promoted next year.

Finished 11th in my first season in the Premier league... after an inspired signing of Fernando Torres on a free transfer. At just 31, he wanted a boat load of cash but his 10 goals in 20 games turned my form around from relegation fodder to mid table safety.

Finished 11th in my first season in the Premier league... after an inspired signing of Fernando Torres on a free transfer. At just 31, he wanted a boat load of cash but his 10 goals in 20 games turned my form around from relegation fodder to mid table safety.

well played mate, doing us proud

Does that mean if we get promoted in real life, McClaren will sign Torres? Wow, I'm all giddy now.

It is actually quite bizarre how many player and managerial moves from Championship/Football Manager over the years actually do happen!

Does that mean if we get promoted in real life, McClaren will sign Torres? Wow, I'm all giddy now.

It is actually quite bizarre how many player and managerial moves from Championship/Football Manager over the years actually do happen!

Bad news is that Hughes' dummy is firmly out the pram.

Archived