watches....to dream on for

froggg

You like water sports ?

You can't beat a Seamaster.  Bought mine back in 2002 for £750 and having looked on various websites I could flog it today for £1k.  Sound investment.  I'll be keeping it for a few more years mind as I'm giving it my lad for his 18th birthday.

That's the last i'll ever see of it mind, as he'll either loose it or sell it within a month...

See that ^^^ Cisse, a real mans watch, not one of those thin strap and girly head looking things you keep pulling up

They won't sell me more masculine watches at the store because I can't reach the counter.

You can't beat a Seamaster.  Bought mine back in 2002 for £750 and having looked on various websites I could flog it today for £1k.  Sound investment.  I'll be keeping it for a few more years mind as I'm giving it my lad for his 18th birthday.

That's the last i'll ever see of it mind, as he'll either loose it or sell it within a month...

Unless he sells it you.

About £1200, if he's anything like my lad! 

• 2 weeks later...

That's a real classic. Elegant and understated. This watch phenomena is quite remarkable. I love proper watches, admire the craftsmanship, the individuality even the legend. You just have to say "Jaeger La Coultre" and it feels good !  but recently it has become a bit like the premier league. Hyped up and overpriced. Yes I can see 2,000 - 5,000 for a hand made time piece maybe a little more for something with special complications or materials but when The "brand" value exceeds the craftsmanship or aesthetics by a certain level I lose interest. Limited edition, special coatings and a load bling and you double the price. Naaaa just a way of getting money from rich people. Creating a market but it loses integrity along the way. Like the original polo shirt by Lacoste .. 5 dollar shirt with 20 dollar alligator.