lets get pp rocking

B4ev6is

It would be nice to get a decent atmosphere back at PP, i sit in the North Stand and sometimes its embarrassing when all you can hear is a small section of away fans singing. Towards the end of Clough's reign it did seem to go very flat. Almost like fans were turning up, going through the motions and then going home. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys lets make the loudest it has ever been who remmbers boro vs derby that season when it was anounced that derby was loudest crowed in football league histroy. Let cheer on the lads to victory on the edge of the play offs. I know pp can be loud but now is the time to take pp support to the next level. Lets have whole of the south stand and east stand standing up chanting and jumping around.

Are you taking your Board Out piece of paper in case we loose???

Only joshing, gutted I can't make it tomorrow. First time in a long time I'm really gagging to get to a game. Haven't been this revved up about upcoming games in a long time. Just hope the feel-good factors still around come the Shef Weds game when I'm takings lad. Fingers crossed!

It would be nice to get a decent atmosphere back at PP, i sit in the North Stand and sometimes its embarrassing when all you can hear is a small section of away fans singing. Towards the end of Clough's reign it did seem to go very flat. Almost like fans were turning up, going through the motions and then going home. 

They were.

Yes it did happen i was there so do not tell me it did not happen.

the loudest EVER. Rubbish. Pride Park has never been half as loud as the BBG, let alone places like Roker Park and St James Park back in the good old days. Pride Park stadium is not built acoustically, so it doesn't hold noise due to the caliper roof, so I know it did not happen! 

the loudest EVER. Rubbish. Pride Park has never been half as loud as the BBG, let alone places like Roker Park and St James Park back in the good old days. Pride Park stadium is not built acoustically, so it doesn't hold noise due to the caliper roof, so I know it did not happen! 

I would think that the loudest crowd for a Derby home game in the last 50 years would have been for the 3-1 League Cup victory over Chelsea in October 1968. It was unbelievable during the second half as Dave Mackay just rolled his sleeves up and inspired team and crowd alike. Chelsea looked absolutely terrified that night.

I think in the Jim Smith years that Pride Park did rather well in the 'noise league'?

I do know though that Beşiktaş broke a European record

.... and they did it in a 30,000 capacity stadium. (Possibly v Liverpool but I might have remembered that bit wrong)

I think Pride Park will rock this afternoon if we get a meaningful goal - taking the lead or equalising. I think the whole mood has changed and we're on the crest of anticipation of something special happening. The last 3 games have been great and tickets are selling well for a game ordinarily that wouldn't raise the pulse rates.

As an older fan I've seen us let a big crowd down a few times over the years so I hope we don't today!

Er B4 was thee so why bother to argue it? You won't change his mind ;-)

Archived