Derby County v Birmingham City

Gritstone Ram

More than at the Leeds game expected according to the club. Decent considering Brum won't bring more than 1000

Think they will bring at least 1500

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More than at the Leeds game expected according to the club. Decent considering Brum won't bring more than 1000

Thought they've always had decent away support, them, wolves and baggies all seem to bring more here than we take to them. Hopefully a good crowd though

Forsyth looked great against Leeds but then has a mare against Watford, I think he's still settling into the role.

He had a decent game against Leeds, consistently been our poorest player this season in my opinion. Very sloppy with the ball! Always looks knackered and unenthusiastic, espescially going forward.

Yet to see his great crossing ability either! The fact he's gotten worse this season rather than improved on last season suggests its not a settling in issue.

Derby 1-0 Birmingham, Martin.

Very tight game, nerves, tension, mistakes, no-one can score, until late doors when Martin scuffs one in. Delerium engulfs Pride Park. The management team love the scruffy 1-0 and the clean sheet more than the recent victories. Character is mentioned by everyone post match.

He had a decent game against Leeds, consistently been our poorest player this season in my opinion. Very sloppy with the ball! Always looks knackered and unenthusiastic, espescially going forward.

Yet to see his great crossing ability either! The fact he's gotten worse this season rather than improved on last season suggests its not a settling in issue.

He looks freightened whenever he has the ball.

On that last bolded bit, about the likes, I kind of regret writing it now cos it looks vain, but it's been a really interesting little social experiment going on right before my eyes. 

I wouldn't let the lack of likes concern you, that fecker Utch hogs them all anyway... :p

I think you're wrong about the crossing, he puts in at least one top quality cross per game. Martin missed a sitter within the first 5 minutes against Ipswich from a Forsyth cross.

IMO he's got a great cross on him, giving us an option we didn't really have from the left-side previously, can put in some good tackles and his height is a good advantage. Sometimes he's like bambi on ice, but he's settling down gradually. He's not comfortable yet and you can tell, but he'll be a much better player at the end of the season if Mac sticks with him.

I think you're wrong about the crossing, he puts in at least one top quality cross per game. Martin missed a sitter within the first 5 minutes against Ipswich from a Forsyth cross.

IMO he's got a great cross on him, giving us an option we didn't really have from the left-side previously, can put in some good tackles and his height is a good advantage. Sometimes he's like bambi on ice, but he's settling down gradually. He's not comfortable yet and you can tell, but he'll be a much better player at the end of the season if Mac sticks with him.

Agree with this, I think he's got potential and is more solid in defense than people give him credit for, I don't remember any mistakes leading to goals, I wish I could say that about the rest of the back four. First and foremost he's there to defend and I think he does that mostly well.

The thing that p1sses people off is that he doesn't seem comfortable on the ball when getting it that little bit deeper.  I think it's expected that he'll be comfortable on the ball because he's been a midfielder but receiving the ball deeper is a different thing to picking it up on the wing. Once the position becomes more natural to him he'll settle on the ball more easily, he does put in a superb cross, few assists already.

I blame Alpha for all the bad press he's getting.

Archived