Derby County v Birmingham City

Gritstone Ram

Never.

They are the absolute definition of fair weather fans and fans who only ever make noise when they score.

I don't know, thought they brought approx 12/1300 last season for the game and it was on TV. Think you will see at least 1500

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birmingham fans, well their away support, is consistently one of the better in this league. Regardless of numbers they always make a good, old school, noise.

3-1 Derby

FGS Sammon

Att 26391

Weather: *****

If old school noise is nothing until you score then yeah.

3-1 Derby

McLaren gets praised, Ronnie gets upset!

And there we go again, try telling me that's not just a trolling comment. You don't come here to talk football, you just want to argue, feck off and let me chat football please.

5-0 Derby

A romp, McClaren gets praised Ronnie doesn't give a feck about him but is jumping up and down as Martin slots the penalty in for his hat trick, despite the fact it keeps getting ignored Ronnie does actually love this group of players. Ronnie does want Derby to go up Ronnie just doesn't think the ginger receding one is the reason we'll get there. The players were always good enough.

I'm worried he's going to spoil it by bringing in too many and leaving out too many more. His early loan moves only confirm to me that he WILL be looking to split this squad up. I don't want to see that.

5-0 Derby

A romp, Clough gets slated even though he's not here any more, Ronnie gets upset. Then everyone accuses him of wanting McClaren out.

It's not my fault you want a reason to insult me all the time McMuffin.

As an aside, I haven't change my views on the team, I've always been positive about them, I'm still writing positively about them now, I've gone from gettting one like for every two posts, to not getting a like for 3 weeks.

Who's changed? Just because I don't like the new manager, suddenly I'm the bad guy?

That's a message to pretty much everyone on here. I'm still the same person.

3-1 Derby

McLaren gets praised, Ronnie gets upset!

And there we go again, try telling me that's not just a trolling comment. You don't come here to talk football, you just want to argue, feck off and let me chat football please.

5-0 Derby

A romp, McClaren gets praised Ronnie doesn't give a feck about him but is jumping up and down as Martin slots the penalty in for his hat trick, despite the fact it keeps getting ignored Ronnie does actually love this group of players. Ronnie does want Derby to go up Ronnie just doesn't think the ginger receding one is the reason we'll get there. The players were always good enough.

I'm worried he's going to spoil it by bringing in too many and leaving out too many more. His early loan moves only confirm to me that he WILL be looking to split this squad up. I don't want to see that.

5-0 Derby

A romp, Clough gets slated even though he's not here any more, Ronnie gets upset. Then everyone accuses him of wanting McClaren out.

As an aside, I haven't change my views on the team, I've always been positive about them, I'm still writing positively about them now, I've gone from gettting one like for every two posts, to not getting a like for 3 weeks.

Who's changed? Just because I don't like the new manager, suddenly I'm the bad guy?

Jees McMuffin - That's a hell of a catch you've landed there.  Such a tiny bit of bait as well :lol:

5-0 Derby

5-0 Derby

Biting hell!

Genuinely can't wait for Saturday! Wish we were playing every day at the minute, seems to be a real buzz about the place at the minute. Hopefully will continue whilst we're in good form.

Watched Birmingham Sunday and they were truly awful, really hoping for a comfortable win and a clean sheet too.

Anyone else daydreaming of a 20 game unbeaten run a la 1995/6 inspired by stimac and smith?

I think what's happened to a degree, Ronnie, is that because you have backed the players so much in the past you have become a little too attached to the way things were.

I like the squad of players we have too, it doesn't mean we shouldn't TRY to improve on them though.

The other day you seemed to take an immediate dislike to Dawkins coming off the bench instead of Sammon at half time, complained that Martin was up front on his own and claimed a change of system purely to fit Dawkins in - but we'd just rescued a point from 4-1 down against Ipswich and beaten Leeds by playiing in a similar set up, and went on to win a very tricky away fixture - it came across to me  as 'mind made up' and overly resistant to change, complaining for complaining's sake even after we'd won!

I think you're getting wound up too easily and your judgement is being clouded pre-conceptions - but that's just my opinion.

That doesn't mean your worries will turn out to be unfounded - I know where you're coming from with regards to McLaren trying to change things too much despite his own words (for example I don't think we'd need George Thorne if Hendrick and Bailey are coming back into fitness, I'm not sure we'd need Cisse either especially as we're getting Wisdom and again Hendrick coming back in)  - but as someone else said on another thread, perhaps we're just so used to not having cover of an adequate standard that the idea is somewhat alien to us!

Jees McMuffin - That's a hell of a catch you've landed there. Such a tiny bit of bait as well :lol:[

Pride Parks buzzing for the first time in ages, sounds like there's going to be a decent attendance saturday, may it continue to rise as the people get aboard the McLaren bus.

Can't please everyone!

I think what's happened to a degree, Ronnie, is that because you have backed the players so much in the past you have become a little too attached to the way things were.

I like the squad of players we have too, it doesn't mean we shouldn't TRY to improve on them though.

The other day you seemed to take an immediate dislike to Dawkins coming off the bench instead of Sammon at half time, complained that Martin was up front on his own and claimed a change of system purely to fit Dawkins in - but we'd just rescued a point from 4-1 down against Ipswich and beaten Leeds by playiing in a similar set up, and went on to win a very tricky away fixture - it came across to me  as 'mind made up' and overly resistant to change, complaining for complaining's sake even after we'd won!

I think you're getting wound up too easily and your judgement is being clouded pre-conceptions - but that's just my opinion.

That doesn't mean your worries will turn out to be unfounded - I know where you're coming from with regards to McLaren trying to change things too much despite his own words (for example I don't think we'd need George Thorne if Hendrick and Bailey are coming back into fitness, I'm not sure we'd need Cisse either especially as we're getting Wisdom and again Hendrick coming back in)  - but as someone else said on another thread, perhaps we're just so used to not having cover of an adequate standard that the idea is somewhat alien to us!

Honestly Coconut, I haven't and didn't judge Dawkins at all. He did ok, he gave the ball way for the second but he also looked fairly neat and tidy on the ball.

I haven't even criticised anything about the game on Saturday at all, not the tactics, not the players (apart from Smith who I think is out of his depth) not the result. I just said I didn't think it had been the tactical masterclass it was labelled, and even then it was only in response to a dig about the former regimes tactics and substitutions

Its just my opinion that I think Sammon should be ahead of him, possibly even Jacobs to come on wide, after all it was Bennett he replaced, who had played either left or right in the 4-3-2-1.

The lads been with us 5 or 6 days and he's in the side ahead of lads who're busting a gut to get in. Jacobs couldn't get much of a look in under Nige, surely he deserves a chance ahead of a lad who's just walked through the door.

McC has got to be really careful with how quickly he integrates new players into the team and he's got to be careful how quickly he casts aside some of the other squad.

I'm thinking if he's making these changes now when he can only bring players in on loan, what's he going to do in January if he gets a bit of cash.

I don't trust that he'll leave it alone as much as I think he should. 

..which is fair enough. If you didn't mean to be critical of the tactics and personnel chosen against Watford then it must just be the way I've read it.

Perhaps Jacobs didn't impress in training? As you said it's not just McLaren who's chosen to play other people ahead of him, afterall. We also now know that Davies had a niggle so that's another potential winger out of the equation.

Anyway, we're splitting hairs I think - perhaps we could have put Sammon on at half time to replace Bennett, but he'd have been out of position unless we went 2 up top at half time. Maybe Dawkins was seen as more of a like for like replacement positionally?

As yet I wouldn't say anyone has been 'cast aside' either - yes Buxton has gone down to the bench but he was ready when called upon and singled out for praise at the end.

Everyone agrees our defence needs work, so it makes sense to try out different players - if new players come in and are poor where an existing player has performed better then it will be a problem, but until that happens try not to worry too much about everything that could possibly go wrong - even if it is natural as a Derby supporter to do so!

ps you've made it harder to 'like' your post by mentioning the lack of likes! It would feel like a pity like now, even even though I do actually like it!

..which is fair enough. If you didn't mean to be critical of the tactics and personnel chosen against Watford then it must just be the way I've read it.

Perhaps Jacobs didn't impress in training? As you said it's not just McLaren who's chosen to play other people ahead of him, afterall. We also now know that Davies had a niggle so that's another potential winger out of the equation.

Anyway, we're splitting hairs I think - perhaps we could have put Sammon on at half time to replace Bennett, but he'd have been out of position unless we went 2 up top at half time. Maybe Dawkins was seen as more of a like for like replacement positionally?

As yet I wouldn't say anyone has been 'cast aside' either - yes Buxton has gone down to the bench but he was ready when called upon and singled out for praise at the end.

Everyone agrees our defence needs work, so it makes sense to try out different players - if new players come in and are poor where an existing player has performed better then it will be a problem, but until that happens try not to worry too much about everything that could possibly go wrong - even if it is natural as a Derby supporter to do so!

ps you've made it harder to 'like' your post by mentioning the lack of likes! It would feel like a pity like now, even even though I do actually like it!

On the first bolded bit Coconut, I'll come back and let you know if I'm wrong when the team sheet is posted on Saturday, my feeling is that bucko is now back up. Doesn't matter that he was the best defender on the pitch for us again at Watford. If that's the case I'm going to start getting worried that means a good performance doesn't guarantee you the shirt next week.

We loaned Whitbread to replace Bucko, Whitbread might not be fit and we're bringing in Wisdom. if Wisdom replaces Smith then I've got it wrong. 

On that last bolded bit, about the likes, I kind of regret writing it now cos it looks vain, but it's been a really interesting little social experiment going on right before my eyes. 

My football views are the same they always were, I read the game the same way I always read the game, those views used to get liked quite often yet suddenly now I'm the village idiot who can't spot the seemingly obvious tactical miracle unfolding.

Did I suddenly get stupid?

Honestly Coconut, I haven't and didn't judge Dawkins at all. He did ok, he gave the ball way for the second but he also looked fairly neat and tidy on the ball.

I haven't even criticised anything about the game on Saturday at all, not the tactics, not the players (apart from Smith who I think is out of his depth) not the result. I just said I didn't think it had been the tactical masterclass it was labelled, and even then it was only in response to a dig about the former regimes tactics and substitutions

Its just my opinion that I think Sammon should be ahead of him, possibly even Jacobs to come on wide, after all it was Bennett he replaced, who had played either left or right in the 4-3-2-1.

The lads been with us 5 or 6 days and he's in the side ahead of lads who're busting a gut to get in. Jacobs couldn't get much of a look in under Nige, surely he deserves a chance ahead of a lad who's just walked through the door.

McC has got to be really careful with how quickly he integrates new players into the team and he's got to be careful how quickly he casts aside some of the other squad.

I'm thinking if he's making these changes now when he can only bring players in on loan, what's he going to do in January if he gets a bit of cash.

I don't trust that he'll leave it alone as much as I think he should. 

Valid points but the only area of the pitch Sammon can operate in is that of a 'Number 9' and Martin is currently far too effective to be replaced.  As we saw last season, playing both Sammon & Martin up top doesn't work as both of them are better suited to feeding off, and in turn, feeding smaller quicker players.

As for Jacobs, it appears that both the old & new regimes don't think he's up to it at the mo.  I for one like him, from what I've seen but the coaches see him day in day out so I'd be more inclined to trust their judgement.

On the first bolded bit Coconut, I'll come back and let you know if I'm wrong when the team sheet is posted on Saturday, my feeling is that bucko is now back up. Doesn't matter that he was the best defender on the pitch for us again at Watford. If that's the case I'm going to start getting worried that means a good performance doesn't guarantee you the shirt next week.

We loaned Whitbread to replace Bucko, Whitbread might not be fit and we're bringing in Wisdom. if Wisdom replaces Smith then I've got it wrong. 

On that last bolded bit, about the likes, I kind of regret writing it now cos it looks vain, but it's been a really interesting little social experiment going on right before my eyes. 

My football views are the same they always were, I read the game the same way I always read the game, those views used to get liked quite often yet suddenly now I'm the village idiot who can't spot the seemingly obvious tactical miracle unfolding.

Did I suddenly get stupid?

I really can't answer the village idiot bit, I always thought that was me and I'm unhappy that you're trying to cast me aside to take the place for yourself ;)

I liked your post in the Bryson thread without looking who posted it, which is often the case, so please exclude me from your experiment findings!

Seriously though on the issue of the defence it's not always about who's given the best individual performances it's about finding the right mix and which players complement each other. What we do know is that Keogh/Buxton has leaked goals regardless of some of Buxton's personal performances, but maybe that's down to the fullbacks.

I wouldn't be so quick as to try and label anyone right or wrong, the good guy, the bad guy, a genius or an idiot.

If we did end up with Wisdom/Keogh as the first choice CBs and started getting clean sheets, the decision not to play Buxton would be justified, again, regardless of any personal performances up to this point in the season - whatever works for the team.

If Buxton doesn't get a look in and Wisdom/Keogh/Whitbread are still leaking goals left right and centre, THEN it might be time to complain, but certainly not after just 1 more game!

It's a dilemma for sure, but at least we'll have some more options now.

If Whitbread is fit, and SM has said the point of Wisdoms loan is to get first team football I think Either Keogh or Whitbread will drop to the bench and Bucko will move to sheffield

I can guarantee Keogh will not be dropping to the bench. As soon as McClaren came in, he said that we had a good squad here and he didn't want to change too much. To not only relieve Keogh of his captaincy, but also drop him, would probably be one of the worst things he could do for squad morale.

Archived