Derby County v Birmingham City

Gritstone Ram

I can guarantee Keogh will not be dropping to the bench. As soon as McClaren came in, he said that we had a good squad here and he didn't want to change too much. To not only relieve Keogh of his captaincy, but also drop him, would probably be one of the worst things he could do for squad morale.

Really?  Do you not think some of the other players are not looking at his performance and thinking he needs to be dropped?

I'll be disappointed if Keogh remains "untouchable".

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?  Do you not think some of the other players are not looking at his performance and thinking he needs to be dropped?

I'll be disappointed if Keogh remains "untouchable".

Ignoring the fact that he was Player Of The Year last year, he's not even been the worst performer this year. Therefore, to make an example out of him because he's captain (which is what it would be) would just be wrong. There's certainly a couple of players I'd drop before him.

Not saying he's untouchable. I just don't think we should depose him until Barker's back.

Keogh has under performed this year - both Buxton and Whitbread have played better than him. I don't think being club captain should make you untouchable - if you are not consistently on form you should be dropped.

Why should Keogh get the chop when there's two players who've been worse than him in that back four alone (Smith & Forsyth)? Both of them have been consistently poor since they got here whereas Keogh was POTY last season. It would be making an example of him, which isn't fair.

Plus, with all this turmoil off the pitch, it's probably best for things like the captaincy to remain stable to help steady the ship a bit.

Why should Keogh get the chop when there's two players who've been worse than him in that back four alone (Smith & Forsyth)? Both of them have been consistently poor since they got here whereas Keogh was POTY last season. It would be making an example of him, which isn't fair.

Plus, with all this turmoil off the pitch, it's probably best for things like the captaincy to remain stable to help steady the ship a bit.

Because Wisdom us a CB so can replace Keogh- we haven't got any better full backs to replace them.

Because Wisdom us a CB so can replace Keogh- we haven't got any better full backs to replace them.

Wisdom's primarily a right-back and I'd also say Freeman's been better than Smith when he's played.

I can understand that with the LB situation though.

Don't know if I'm repeating what someone has already said, but for me this is a massive game. Birmingham are there for the taking, and we've got a good chance to really muscle in around the playoff zone. We all know how this type of game has ended in the last couple of seasons.

When did he change position - everyone's been saying he's a CB who can play RB.

Unless he's played CB at U21 level, I don't actually think he's made the full transition there yet unless he's had to cover injuries.

However, it's where most people predict him to end up as he's got the more suitable build and struggles with tricky wingers. Apparently.

Archived